Homemade CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade CAI

would Anyone out there who has made a Homemade Cold Air intake care to share with me how exactly they went about doing so? Could anybody give me a good explination of the materials they used, how exactly they put it together? Where they placed the filter when finished? or are there any good sites that could show me this?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

i went to autozone an d bought a cheap cone filter for $24.00 that has the flat tip. the i bought some air filter hose its like dryer hose the kind that extends. Then I put it together. I alos had an elbow from my friends grand national because it already had a hole for the MAT sensor but you could just drill that your self. It makes your car sound better and preform better it knocked 4 tenths of a secong off my 0-60 and now im in the 14s. Of course this was with a G tech im going to go to the track to see what the real times are. But my runs were consistent so it does work . I got 14.84 twice and 6.22 twice. I hope this helps.

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: blackv6 ]</p>

Comment

send some pics to me bro, i had some rigged up thing, but i never ran it at the track, i'd like to see yours
      2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Ok Ill try to get some. It might be a week or so Im about to go out of town.

Comment

ummm.... 6.6 to 6.2 is not .6 its .4 reduction

Comment

How do you run 14's with Exhaust and homemade intake. I got the same stuff and i run octane boost and im still runnin way over 15. I think I need to modify my homemade intake, Its kinda ghetto right now.
            Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Sorry I must have been thinking to fast my fault it was only 4 tenths of a second. Also remember this was with Gtech so I really dont know what my real times are plus it was like 33 degrees outside so I think weather and the gtech did effect my time I could very well be in the 15s and just not know it.

Comment

I used ADS drainage pipe for my first CAI at the track w/ no air fiter and came out where the air dam is and I dropped .35 in the 1/4. Now I use a 4" aluminum air duct from Home Depot w/ my air filter in the space under the left headlight and the plastic bottom removed.
                good luck. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                2000 Black T/A M6 343rwhp 349rwtq<br />11.94 @ 118 60\'1.79 Stock Internal<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00</a> <br />AIM: W68Firebird97<br />R.I.P... Christine 12/25/02 <br />1997 Firebird W68 Black<br />14.887 @ 90.08

Comment

Oh, you got a stick too, didnt notice that, I got a auto but I think im runnin high 15's, Theres some guy at my school with a "stock"{yah,right} 2000 v6 camaro stick that can beat me by a car and a half, doesnt sound stock too me.

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: 97chevycamaro ]</p>
                  Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

"I used ADS drainage pipe for my first CAI at the track w/ no air fiter and came out where the air dam is and I dropped .35 in the 1/4. Now I use a 4" aluminum air duct from Home Depot w/ my air filter in the space under the left headlight and the plastic bottom removed.
                    good luck. "

My friend is actually doing that on his Grand national.

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: blackv6 ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by blackv6:
                      I used ADS drainage pipe for my first CAI at the track w/ no air fiter and came out where the air dam is and I dropped .35 in the 1/4. Now I use a 4" aluminum air duct from Home Depot w/ my air filter in the space under the left headlight and the plastic bottom removed.
                      good luck.
                      <hr></blockquote>

my friend is actually doing that on his grand national and we bought the parts from home depot too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X