Dynomax or Flowmaster: which is better? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynomax or Flowmaster: which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by toast:

So Jack, tell me more on how that Raven sounds on your car. Does it get ricy at all and how loud is it?
    <hr></blockquote>

Listen to the clip of Ravenp's system, mine sounds like that but a little deeper because of the tips. I does not get ricey. Mine has such a low rumble it sets off my neighbors alarm when I start it up. No ricey sound all the way to redline. Mine isn't even a catback, just the muffler and some huge tips. It is also painted black and you can't see anything but the tips, which I like.
    97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

Well i listend to that sound clip and it sounded desent. I think i am goona get the dynomax bullet race series muffler. It was on my last truck and i loved the way it sounded, almost like running straight pipe but with a tone to it. Not raspy but deep indeed and very loud. I think it will sound good on the 3.8 but the only problem with that muffler is i will only have one exhaust pipe coming out from behind my car, not 2.
      :(
      2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MidLifeSpeed:
        I have to disagree with the quotes above that the Flowmaster is more restrictive than the Dynomax.<hr></blockquote>

Disagree all you like, but in new condition, and comparing apples to apples, the Dynomax (just about anything, actually) should outflow Flowmaster.
        -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

I will continue to disagree based on my experience and (unscientific) personal tests.

It sounds like you have formed an opinion, just like I have. What real facts is your opinion based on? Point me to test results in an "apples to apples" situation ... and I don't mean flow bench results. Flow bench results are not representative of what happens in a "real" exhaust flow (pulsed flow, hi temps, etc). Have you seen the results of any tests performed between competing muffler companies products on the same vehicle with flow measurements made in a "real world" scenario? I haven't .... :rolleyes:
          associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X