Need help on telling what wires are what on a o2 sensor quickly!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help on telling what wires are what on a o2 sensor quickly!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on telling what wires are what on a o2 sensor quickly!!!

The instructions I have are for a Mustang so the colors of my wires aren't quite the same. On the mustang there are two white wires for 12V Heater and Heater Ground, a Grey wire for Output Signal and a Black Wire for 450 millivolts reference signal sent from the computer.

In my o2 sensor I have two brown wires which I'm guessing to be the heater wires, a purple wire and a lavender wire(light purple).

I would guess the darker colored wire to be what the black one is on the Ford but that's just a guess. Does anybody know what these are for sure?

Also, I'm assuming that our o2 sensors work the same as Ford ones right?

[ July 08, 2002: Message edited by: Ttop34 ]</p>
    1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

I just checked at Autozone and the replacement o2 sensor has the same colored wires as mine does. The guy even said they were the first he'd seen that weren't white, grey and black. If somebody can look at their o2 sensor and see if they have two white,a grey and a black wire then please post and tell me what the positions are.
    1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X