absolute best...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• absolute best...

what is the absolute MOST gain one can get from the BEST exhaust sys...this includes the best headers/cat/muffler/and all pipes (s, i, y, j, l, and k pipe)???
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Probably 20rwhp maximum on a 3.8L. Keep in mind the exhaust will amplify any other changes on the car such as intakes and cams.

[ July 09, 2002: Message edited by: Dominic ]</p>
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Hmm. Good Question - it'd probably take too much money to find out what the best is. Somebody here needs to win the lotto and blow some of the money on dyno w/ different systems.

It probably shouldn't be looked at so much gaining horsepower as it should releasing horsepower and maximizing engine efficiency -

Nonetheless... I'd say you might be able to free up 10-15 horsies.
      2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

10-15 hp, or even 20 hp with adding a $300 muffler sys, a $100 hi-flow cat, and $700 headers? that sucks, lol, i'd just go straight for nitrous personally. and most of the time it does depend on cam/intake upgrades, but they offer their own amount of power increases, as exhaust sys offer theirs, even if they do compliment each other.
        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

i'd say 20 max rwhp w/ cia headers, 3"in/out cat., and cat-back. the least restrictive systems out there in my opinion are the slp "loudmouth" and the GMMG cat-back. doing all this and then doing intake mods such as whisper lid, ftra, and removed maf screen and/or P&P maf will give you another large boost in power since you'll be getting more air into the engine and fill up the exhaust pipes w/ more exhaust gasses, upping torque and hp across the rpm range. then next logical step after that would be to get a chip/programmer to advance the spark timing to get the most out of the increased air/fuel mixture as well as a MSD-DIS-4, accel coil packs, and spark plugs and wires to light everything off and get the most out of the increased air/fuel mixture. after that, things start to get very expensive. heads/cam, intake manifold, pistons, nitrous, sc, ect.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Only4U:
            10-15 hp, or even 20 hp with adding a $300 muffler sys, a $100 hi-flow cat, and $700 headers? that sucks, lol, i'd just go straight for nitrous personally. and most of the time it does depend on cam/intake upgrades, but they offer their own amount of power increases, as exhaust sys offer theirs, even if they do compliment each other.<hr></blockquote>

if you want to use nitrous then you should have an aftermarket exhaust setup in conjunction with it! all that extra power will be choked up otherwise

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X