Flowmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowmaster

Hey flow's have been tested and they are one of the worst flowing aftermarket mufflers just a bit of info for all of you out there looking for a new exhaust system.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Where and how did you learn this?
    1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

Whats the point in stating this without research and proof?
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Oh its true, they suck. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] But wait it is a "flowmaster" so it must be good. :rolleyes:
        2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

himm, not for me...

www.wwiiol.com/outside.wav
          www.wwiiol.com/inside.wav
          www.wwiiol.com/floorit.wav

Comment

Not to bad mouth your system dude, but it does pop and carry on when you reved it and i did hear that 3 grand rev that you tried to avoid. When it came down it sounded like a 4cly. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] I will admit that the "floorit" sound pic sounded good but other than that i was not impressed. I think i will stick with getting the dynomax on for right now.
            2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

let me tell you that my dynomax sounds like **** above 4000 RPM... im thinkin the muffler is fugged up inside [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

its a v6, what do u expect? i've heard dynomax, flowmaster, stock, magnaflow v6s, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them did it right when u passed 3K...

[ July 09, 2002: Message edited by: seal ]</p>

Comment

oh, also i dont usually rev my car... nor I like to pop it in Neutral when I drive, and start reving above 3K so I dont really mind the neutral ones, all i can tell u is that it sounds great when I am driving, and thats what everyone told me... I wish you were here, so i could show it to you as well, best i can do is to get a soundclip of when i floor it which isnt max. quality...

[ July 09, 2002: Message edited by: seal ]</p>

Comment

well, this is the v8 one....

http://www.racenetone.com/sound/FLOWMAS1.WAV

Comment

...My, look how we've gone off-topic...

But yes, I believe there is in fact flow-testing that shows that Flowmasters don't actually flow so well. I know that the muffler guy across the street from my work attests to that.
                      -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

V8 one sounds pretty desent. Man i am just torn between the 2.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by toast:
                          V8 one sounds pretty desent.<hr></blockquote>

Just about anything on a V8 sounds pretty good...
                          -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

True [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

Yea, all those chambers and baffles make it flow not so well . I've seen flow charts before... no evidence to link up for anyone though

[ July 09, 2002: Message edited by: Cale ]</p>
                              2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X