IAT riddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAT riddle

We all know 4.7K is about 32deg. But how many deg is it if one doesn't have one? Mine has been sitting in the basement for some time now. Car is pulling hard as usuall. I still spin into 2nd. Definitely didn't loose any power. I probably didn't gain any either. This is not a mod. I just broke it. So I'm wondering what the PCM is thinking.

you should get an ses code i would think and be running in limp mode.

are you?

Comment

You'll eventually get an SES, but I've run with mine unplugged before. I have noticed no drawbacks other than the SES by running without one.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

SES was on. Went off though. Wasn't on all day, then went on again. On and off deal. I was just wondering what the PCM thinks the temperature is and how it adds fuel? Is this sensor so unimportant that it's a very very small part of the equation.

Comment

The IAT output signal is used with the MAF output signal by the PCM during cold starts and at WOT - ONLY. All other times the heated O2 sensors control everything.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FirebirdGT:
            The IAT output signal is used with the MAF output signal by the PCM during cold starts and at WOT - ONLY. All other times the heated O2 sensors control everything.<hr></blockquote>

Hmmmm I was WOT alot that day. Today I lost the whole wire to the IAT sensor. hehe I found it in between some pipes so I retaped the wire and I taped the sensor into the intake. I should probably get a new one someday.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> I taped the sensor into the intake. I should probably get a new one someday.
              <hr></blockquote>

haha
              2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X