everyone w/ 95-95 SLP CAI's check in here!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

everyone w/ 95-95 SLP CAI's check in here!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everyone w/ 95-95 SLP CAI's check in here!!!

hey guys... just wondering what kind of increase u got from this... is it really worth all that money??? what's the estimated horsepower increase?
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

95-97 right?
    I was the biggest disbeliever for ever!!!!!!!
    I tried just a drop in k&n, Then moved to a drop in plus lingenfelter supertube, then later i ditched the stock air box for a k&n conical air filter plus lingenfelter super tube aimed towards the stock air box location, then later i aimed the filter towards the ground.
    Well eventually I weakened and bought the slp cold air package plus my own ram air set up.
    I couldn't give you a hp or tq guarentee but I noticed a power increase throughout the entire rpm band.
    This was on a car that was decently modified
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Well it was the first mod I ever did to my 1996 Camaro. The first day I put it on, I didn't notice much except the sucking noise. However a couple days after, I would give it some gas on the freeway and I could feel the difference.

I wouldn't say its a HUGE gain, because at the time it was with all stock (I don't know how much gain with just the intake) and after a few days, the SOTP feel went away (I guess I got used to it).

I did get a little better gas mileage and better response after a certain RPM. Its still a little sluggsh, but thats more of the gears fault. Damn 3.08s...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X