Using TB and MAF from ls1 (possible?) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using TB and MAF from ls1 (possible?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using TB and MAF from ls1 (possible?)

Been toying with this idea for a while, ive heard of it being dont with the GTPs's before. Id assume that a tweak of the MAF tables would be a must. Ive got one sitting next to me here (TB) and im a little leary of putting it on the bird.
    1998 Firebird 3.8, A4<br />Mods: Alum Ds, Yank TC 2800 stall, Rksport lid, FTRA, SLP air temp sensor, K&N, Flowmaster catback 2.5\" w/cutout, 3:42 gears w/LSD<br />Best E/T: 15.6 @ 86 mph (w/o gears / lsd or verter)<br />Best 60: 2.234<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com</a> -- club site<p>To come?: l67 piston package hardened, turbo? spray? low 12\'s? well see

There is such a thing as TOO big. The stock TB is very large, increasing the size will impact the throttle control. See the Technical Database.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I havent read yet, but ill throw my 0.2 in here. Supposedly the 3.8 is sensitive to air turbulance. With the way the air box and the TB are connected in the 3.8 wouldnt that be way more turbulent than the straight flow of the ls1 tb? Ill go read the database hehe.

[ September 26, 2002: Message edited by: Dirty8-un-Dreds ]</p>
      1998 Firebird 3.8, A4<br />Mods: Alum Ds, Yank TC 2800 stall, Rksport lid, FTRA, SLP air temp sensor, K&N, Flowmaster catback 2.5\" w/cutout, 3:42 gears w/LSD<br />Best E/T: 15.6 @ 86 mph (w/o gears / lsd or verter)<br />Best 60: 2.234<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com</a> -- club site<p>To come?: l67 piston package hardened, turbo? spray? low 12\'s? well see

Comment

3.8 TBs (for F-bodys) are very different from the LS1 TBs. You cannot interchange them.
        2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

Jughead, lane murta has the ram air technologies throttle body and he said it helped out either .2 or .3 in the 1/4 but for 500.00 thats a good chunk of change
          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SLOWBRAEATER:
            Jughead, lane murta has the ram air technologies throttle body and he said it helped out either .2 or .3 in the 1/4 but for 500.00 thats a good chunk of change<hr></blockquote>

That is a ported and polished stock TB, only 2mm in diameter bigger. There is a point where the diameter of the throttle plate is TOO large and will impact the engine control.
            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I have an LS1 TB on my GTP. It takes some modifying of the TB and an adapter plater. I am using a custom MAF setup using a stock GTP sensor. I might be getting a LS1 sensor and then just get programming to account for it . As it stands, the LS1 MAF is too lean for our cars. I use a mini AFC to adjust my custom setup.

check out www.zzperformance.com

BTW, I did notice some nice gains on my car.

DEE
              1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

I freaking knew it. Thank you for posting hehe, I have a friend who wants to do th esame mod to his GTP. Anyways ill be contacing you im sure for some details =) if thats ok of course. Ill go check out yer site.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  4 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X