LMPerformance announces the new Supersucker Ram Air Kit! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LMPerformance announces the new Supersucker Ram Air Kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMPerformance announces the new Supersucker Ram Air Kit!

The Supersucker ram air kit was designed to pick up where the competition left off for 1998-2002 F-bodies.

The major difference between the competition and the Supersucker ram air kit is that the Supersucker actually scoops in air. It is a two piece kit, with a lower piece sliding into the upper, which attaches under the nose. This scoop is about 2 inches tall and 15 inches wide. This becomes a continuous box(scoop) all the way up to the base of the air filter.

Another major difference is the Supersucker is made of black ABS plastic. This matches the OEM appearance of the car and looks great. Since the Supersucker is plastic it won't heat soak like steel. This will help your car run cooler.

Speaking of running hot. One of our competitors has a problem with their cold air induction kits making cars run hot. If a car runs to hot it loses horsepower. To avoid this problem, beginning at the top near the air filter, the Supersucker angles away from the radiator, unlike the competition. This allows cool air to circulate through the radiator.

For those of you who want to seal off your airbox to achieve a supercharging effect, the Supersucker is designed to allow you to do this. All necessary materials are included.

Best of all the Supersucker makes power. A blower fan was placed in front of the nose of the car to simulate airstream. The airstream velocity was measured at 60mph with an anemometer at 10 feet away. On a Dynojet a stock 2002SS Camaro picked up approximately 13rwhp over stock. The Supersucker is a quick, easy way to gain horsepower.

<a href=\"http://www.lmperformance.com\" target=\"_blank\">LMPerformance</a><br /> <a href=\"mailto:Sales@LMPerformance.com\">Sales@LMPe rformance.com</a>

wow, cool [img]smile.gif[/img]

(goes to the site to check price)

Comment

$250, looks like i'll have to wait on that one :(

Comment

I'm pretty interested in getting one of those, but don't have the cash for it now. Any chance there will be a group buy on these?

[ June 29, 2002: Message edited by: Camaro3.8L ]</p>
        1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

Can anyone that knows more about intake inform me as to how this would be better/worse/or equal to the SLP cold air intake? ((I am ignorant on this topic.)) Thanks.

-DrkMind11
          <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

well, this is kinda like the air scoop on the SS on the hood, only diff. is that this is under the car, but air comes all at equal amounts towards the hood, or under the car... what SLP cai does is that it just cathces the air going beneath the car, and takes that in. this is right against the air so, this actually "scoops" the air instead of just catching the air that is passing by... it kinda hard to explain, lemme do a lil picture thing here lol

this is SLP CAI: \
            this is air: -----
            this is supersucker (funny name lol): =

This is the cars's body: HHHHHHH

this is slp cai in action:
            HHHHHH\HH
            air--&gt; \--------

this is super sucker:
            HHHHHHHH=-----------

see how the air goes directly in there? [img]smile.gif[/img]

lol, did this help? hahaha

Comment

It would be nice if some company would make a ramair for the 96-97 because there are several for the 98+

Comment

Hey, could you test this on a 3.8? I'd like to see how much hp you'd get from it. Doing 2 tests, one for cold-air hp and one for ram-air hp would give me a better idea what kind of hp gains I'd see w/ it. A comparison test between the FTRA and the SSRA would prove which intake gets you more hp/tq in reality. Also, will the scoop interfeer w/ a different body kit front nose? I'd be willing to be a guinea pig to test the 2 intakes. Where are you located at? maybe we could set something up.

[ June 29, 2002: Message edited by: Arctc Wolf ]</p>
                2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

the only thing that i don't like about this setup is this: if you drive through a big rain storm/mud puddle then water will be "scooped" into your setup and you'll face the possibility of getting water in your engine BAD!! even a k & n can't stop that much water.
                  2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

i doubt the engine can suck that much amount air water, its not like a vacuum that when u rev the car to 3K, and u put a crushed coke can front of the scoop, this thing will suck it in :D it will scoop the air, and the air outside will force it in towards the engine... unless the roads have flooded, and there is water upto the engine, this should be fine...

[ June 29, 2002: Message edited by: seal ]</p>

Comment

a n/a engine won't pull enough vacuum to suck water up there, but a sc would. I don't recommend this if you plan on getting the ati kit and live in an area prone to flooding.
                      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

yeah, the sc sux the air in [img]tongue.gif[/img] na doesnt, it just gets whatever it can get heh

Comment

i would be very interested also if there was a decnt group buy for this.
                          Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X