Resonators with Flowmaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resonators with Flowmaster?

I have the 80' series flowmaster and a pair of dual outlet exhaust tips, with built in resonators. Do these resonators counteract the sound of the flowmaster or enhance it? I would like to know, because if it is muffling the flowmaster I will take them off immediately. Personally I like the flowmaster to be loud, and it isnt all that loud. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

I had the tips welded on at the same time the flowmaster was put on, so I don't know what it would sound like with them off.
    [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

Resonator tips will soften/mellow/smooth the tone and usually quiet it a few dB as well. Using a non resonated tip will give you a more raw throaty more pulsating sound thats a little bit louder. I personally dislike resonators for this reason, I like throat or I like it quiet - none of this smooth tone stuff unless its a Ferrari V12 :D
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X