96-97 FIREBIRD guys in here..."ram air" idea - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96-97 FIREBIRD guys in here..."ram air" idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96-97 FIREBIRD guys in here..."ram air" idea

So I go to the track and see alot of cars with a headlight taken out...

Say I have a custom CAI so that the cone filter sits down basically where the SLP's would.

Take ouy my left headlight...secure all wires and stuff...maybe cut a bit of the headlight bracket.

Now when i go to the track, run with the headlights open and with the left light taken out.

Another possibility would be to run some sort of dryer vent hose or the like from under neath the headlight (not attached though, still allowing it to lower and raise without hitting anything) to right in front of or over the filter.

I dunno...would my headlight assembly be more prone to ripping off my car when i get going fast?

Yet another thought...eventually get foglight style style driving lights and mount them in my car's nostrils...then have a full time, flip-o-the switch ram air.

Any thoughts?

*K*
    <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/adamon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Firechicken</a><br /><b>15.19@91.61</b><br /><i>It Rocks Your Panties</i><p>Daily Driver: <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/pimpnon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1990 Pontiac Trans Sport SE</a><br />Most recent mod: Mounted an Evan on the dashboard.

Well, i guess if you want to imitate rice rockets... dont' you think they look kinda dumb with one headlight out?

Here's my idea, cause i'm toying with the same idea. You know the compartment below the filters in the cai setup? It has a flap that folds away? Well, right now i have mine folded back and pinned, but a lot of guys have built a scoop there and claim to feel the difference.

It seems a more attractive idea because it's not taking away any of the lines or looks of the car, but it's just as functional. Plus you can take it off when you leave the track if you don't want to risk scraping on ramps and stuff.

Just an idea. I personally don't like the one headlight thing. I remember seeing it for the first imte on a civic last year, and all i could do was laugh [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good luck...
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Here's my idea, cause i'm toying with the same idea. You know the compartment below the filters in the cai setup? It has a flap that folds away? Well, right now i have mine folded back and pinned, but a lot of guys have built a scoop there and claim to feel the difference.

<hr></blockquote>

birds don't have that flap--well, adam's does not.

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
      2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ravenp:
        Well, i guess if you want to imitate rice rockets... dont' you think they look kinda dumb with one headlight out? <hr></blockquote>

So 13 second Mustang GTs and 10 second 70s model Malibus are rice rockets now?

The labeling never ceases...
        <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/adamon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Firechicken</a><br /><b>15.19@91.61</b><br /><i>It Rocks Your Panties</i><p>Daily Driver: <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/pimpnon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1990 Pontiac Trans Sport SE</a><br />Most recent mod: Mounted an Evan on the dashboard.

Comment

I seen a ton of 11-12 second gtp with the headlight open, i wouldnt call them rice.
          I think a good ram air idea would be the 1le rubber elbow bent down with some lightweight aluminum pipeing welded so its ealed and into a circular shape like pvc pipe, have a 90* elbow on there fabricate a cool looking scoop and have it below the airdam on the car and there you have ram air.
          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

why dont you put it in where you you have fog light thats what i am doing with dryer hose (i am a cheap skate) and its going to come in from both sides. you cant see the mod if thats what your going for. i havent done it yet so i dont know if you can feel the diffrence or not
            1997 3.8 Red Firebird<br />RKSport 2\" racing springs,TA Rims,<br />Dual Out Magna Flow Exaust/2.5\" Exauhst cut-out (loud),<br />2-10\" JL W-3\'s, 300/2 JL AMP<br />1 Farad Rockford Fosgate Capasitor,<br />B&M Shift Improvment Mod,<br />SLP Cold Air Intake, MSD 8.5mm Wires, Bosh Plats, 160 deg thermo<br /> in the mail:<br />Zexel Torsen Posi Unit, 3.23 (for now)& new transmission.

Comment

have you ever looked inside your nose? or tryed to take it off yourself? Go do that before you get your heart set on that mod...I thought about it, but you would have to remove the entire nose and cut out some of the padding that makes the bumper actually work.

Another thought though...if you have a cone filter CAI where the filter is anywhere near where SLP, K&N, etc...take out your right turnsignal when you go to the track.

*K*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X