Car is having trouble farting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car is having trouble farting

Yes my car is no faster then a Civic now. My cat is shot to all hell and nothing is getting past it. When I give it 3/4 to WOT my car boogs down almost to the point of stalling. My power has been going down for some time now and I did everything I could hoping to solve the problem. New Plugs, wires, fuel filter, cleaned K&N filter, injector cleaner, nothing worked. As I was driving home on Thru I went to pass a truck and my car just about died. I have 52K miles on my car right now so its about time to replace. While i'm getting a new cat I will be getting bigger pipes; 2.75". I'm driving the wifes Xterra today so my baby won't feel any pain. Rest my pet, rest :(
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

GUT THE CAT!!!! just flat out get rid of it and replace it a straight pipe! it'll be a whole new car bro, trust me :D
    Project: _*_*_*Knight Ryder*_*_*_<p>2000 Black chevy camaro<br />3.8L v6, AT, t-tops<br />borla adj. catback, gutted cat converter w/O2 sim, whisper intake lid, K&N filter, SLP ram air kit, 160 thermo, JET stage 2 chip, eibach pro kit springs, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, custom red and black interior<br />14.95 seconds at 90mph in the 1/4 <br />So much Rice...So little time :D:D:D<p><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com\\camarokidd10\" target=\"_blank\">www.geocities.com\\camarokidd10</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> I have 52K miles on my car right now so its about time to replace.<hr></blockquote>

dude, 52k is nothing...52k is practically a baby. now if you said 120k+ i'd say get a new car...but 52k...wtf????
      2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

cat converter..... new one!!! ASAP!!! I had the same damn problem for like 4 ever and got my new exhaust put on, viola.... new cat solved problem!! shop said old cat was trashed
        <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

well just got back from the shop. They did a pressure test on the cat and it came out OK :eek: . I was shocked. I did get to see the guage so he was not telling a lie plus i'm sure he wanted that $200. while the car was up we checked the plugs and wires and everything looked ok. I'm going to buy a A/F ratio guage to see whats going on. Maybe I should just get Autotap off the bat. What do you guys think? any ideas on what the problem could be?

Only4u:
          I was talking about the cat not my car.
          White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

So its definitely not the Cat???? do you hear any strange noises at all, popping or cracking?? or is it just bogging? how about when you start the car, is there any hesitation from the time you turn the key in the ignition?? or does it start right up? Do you have an Autozone near you? if so, they can Atap your car for you and see what kind of code is thrown...

Comment

unbolt it from the manifolds and see what happens
              2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

my car starts up ok and I would have bet money that I heard the cat rattling when I hit it over last weeking end. Up on the lift it told a differnt story. I do have an autozone close by I can run over to. I have no F-ING clue what could be wrong. Driving it from the shop to work today the car was fine yet every so often it performs like crap. I'm going to take all the wires off and inpect them closer tomorrow just to be sure its not them. I'm also going to check the gap on the plugs. All plugs looked clean when I check today. Could my o2 sensor just before the intake be causing this problem?

Comment

Do you get any SES codes? if your O2 sensor was the problem, it should throw a code. Run over Autozone. See what the scanner says....

Like you said, check and make sure your plugs are gapped right.... make sure there isn't any buildup on your coil pack either. I had buildup on mine and took rubbing compound to it and it came right off.

Comment

Check fuel pump
                    *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Comment

fuel filter????? check that...

Comment

I replaced the fuel filter a couple months ago so it should be good. How would I check the fuel pump? It sounds ok.

Comment

bu-bye - did you figure out what was going on with your car????

Comment

Ok guys i'm back. I pulled the plugs and wires and check them over. Everything looked good on all of them. The gap was fine and clean and the wires looked fine too. I put everything back together and BAM everything started working just fine. I was like WTF. My best guess is that one or more of the wires was not connected all the way at the coil and was give less of a charge to the plug in the high RPM's. So, everything is working fine and just after I put everything back together and took her for a ride and I chirped Second gear a few times. I have an A4 w/o a shift kit. Boy was I shocked. She is running better then every now. Thanks for the help everyone. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ July 03, 2002: Message edited by: bu-bye ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X