Edlebrock Exhaust Question (Just got it in the mail) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edlebrock Exhaust Question (Just got it in the mail)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edlebrock Exhaust Question (Just got it in the mail)

Hey all, I know that this topic has been hit hard, so forgive me. The question I have, though, is what should I do about the small s shaped pipe right after the catalytic converter? I have a new 3' high flow catco cat, and I have the edlebrock 97 exhaust. I noticed that my car has that small pipe, but that the catback exhaust kit from edlebrock did not. What is the best way to go about this? Thanks.

-DrkMind11 :(
    <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

HAHAHA D@MN that is funny i just opened my edelbrock cat back and noticed it didnt have that pipe i am just going to get the exhaust shop to make me one to adapt from the 3" catco to the S pipe to the catback. I was about to call summit and say they forgot a part but GUESS NOT!!! i cant wait i get it on tomorow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Comment

You need this:
      http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...RTNUMBER=30045

No LS1 designed catback comes with the S pipe, many for our cars don't either!
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. Sorry to say, but I can't spend 70 on that adaptor kit... the exhaust shop will just have to get it to fit, but I know that they can, they did work on my old 95' mustang exhaust, and while not the best that I have seen, it was functionally well done, and very cheap too. Thanks!

-DrkMind11
        <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

Well i will see how mine goes and if i like what they do ill buy some from them and sell em for $35 !! lol that is a rip off!!! o well you could always buy 2 90 degree bends from jcwhitney and cut them to fit !?!?
          AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Comment

Justin, when you get the money, go with the two 45 degree bends(less restrictive) for around 40 bucks. Click the S pipe link in my sig for more info.
            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Shortdog, thanks for the help, just a quick question though. Would two of them be the correct lateral distance to fit the space alloted?Also, Not to say that you are wrong, but it just seems like 40 bucks in a lot to pay for a small s pipe that the place will bend for $5, even if it isn't mandrel bent...

-DrkMind11

Comment

It'll work. The muffler shop will have to cut both of em down and maybe a lil off your I pipe to make it fit. 40 bucks is alot cheaper than the $70 S pipe from SLP.com. They're mandrel bent also. The 2.5" pipes are cheaper, but since you have a 3" system, you'll be better off coughin up the extra 20 bucks total for both. If you decide to get it, make sure you get TWO pieces.
                <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

which edelbrock catback did you get? Part number? where?
                  NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

I got the Edlebrock Catback exhaust for a 93-97 firebird/camaro from Summit Racing. $280.00, free shipping. It was edlebrock catalogue number #5658, at Summit the code is EDL-5658. I love the free shipping.

Shortdog, thanks for all the help. I just got enough money to buy the TWO mandrel bent 3' ninety degree bends. So as soon as those come in the mail, I am heading up to the exhaust shop to get them to put it on. As soon as it is on, I will put on a quick 500 miles (Yes, I drive a lot), And I will report back on what I think of it and how it sounds...

P.S. Just a question, but would it be worth it to buy a 3' pipe, and have them cut out the 2.5 inch I-pipe section, and replace it with the three inch?

-DrkMind11

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X