New Cat prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cat prices?

Hi, im gonna be replacing my original cat soon, and there is a place around here that will install a new one for $55.00. The cat of course is not a high performance cat, but for 55 bux installed, its a good deal right?

BTW im replaceing the cat because its most likly worn out causing an ses light.

thanks for the input
    1997 3.8L Firebird<br />Mods: Tockico Shocks,Eaibach springs

thats not a bad price at all. you might be better off buying a high-flow off ebay and taking that and asking if they will install that for you. Sounds to me like they are doing the labor part for next to nothing.
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

if you have less than 80,000 miles on your car the catalytic converter is still under warranty. so if you take your car to the dealership and it is in fact the catalytic converter which is causing the SES light, then they will replace it for FREE. to check if its your cat that is going out, go out to your car, take a screwdriver or something metal and bang on the converter a little, and if you hear rattling around inside, then it is shot for sure. but like i said, if you have less than 80,000 on the converter it is still under warranty and you can get it fixed for free from the chevrolet dealership.

Comment

Does the cat have its own coverage or is that only if you still have the warranty on the car?
        1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

the cat is covered longer than the rest of the car. car is prolly a 32,000 mile warranty or whatever, whereas the cat is covered up till 80,000 miles. i'm not sure if any other exhaust components besides the cat are covered, but i know the cat is for sure.

Comment

Other exhaust components are also covered to 7 yr/70K miles. I got a free exhaust manifold out of Regency Pontiac last February.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/kefkafloyd\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/kefkafloyd</a> <br />Red 1997 Pontiac Firebird 3.8L A4 w/ Y87

Comment

Originally posted by 2000camarostud:
              if you have less than 80,000 miles on your car the catalytic converter is still under warranty. so if you take your car to the dealership and it is in fact the catalytic converter which is causing the SES light, then they will replace it for FREE. to check if its your cat that is going out, go out to your car, take a screwdriver or something metal and bang on the converter a little, and if you hear rattling around inside, then it is shot for sure. but like i said, if you have less than 80,000 on the converter it is still under warranty and you can get it fixed for free from the chevrolet dealership.
              My brother actually had his replaced on his '98 S10. The dealer tried to push him around and didn't want to do it. If you are iunder 80,000 and they won't replace it for free, what they are doing is actually ILLEGAL (Well, at least in Maryland). The local autoshop wouldn't touch the cat on his truck and told us this, they also said they had a meeting about how GM is recently trying to screw people out of this :mad: .

Don't let them push you around if this is the case, man.
              2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Vincent:
                Other exhaust components are also covered to 7 yr/70K miles. I got a free exhaust manifold out of Regency Pontiac last February.
                yep I got a free CAT abotu a month back, I was out of my factory warranty...

worth checking out... as a warnign don't be surpised if you have a catback and they don't replace it, but still doesn't hurt to ask.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X