SLP cai ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP cai ?

I did not install the large rubber block-off on the front of my airbox when i installed my cai. Posts from the past had left me undecided of the the benefit. My concern and question regards air temp and performance. Should i consider blocking off the air box seasonally? i currently can really feel the performance difference only at night when it is cool outside.
    Y2k Firebird, Slp cai, K & N, jet2

Thanks,
    Oz
    [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]
    loaded red Y2K \'bird,t-tops,3.42 gears,G2Lid,K&N,SLP cai,BMR stb,Jet2

For the best performance, you want a sealed airbox. I highly recommend you look at our SLP ram air upgrade kit. It will convert your SLP cold air kit into a true ram air kit. Details can be seen on your website.
    Phillip Reddy<br />Fast Toys Performance Parts<p> <a href=\"http://www.fasttoys.net\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fasttoys.net</a> <p>\"Home of the original Ram Air kit!\"

Comment

Phil can you come up with a ram air setup for 96 3.8? I bet alot of people would buy a professional ram air for 95-97 3.8 thanks

Comment

Can you further explain how much more power you can see from your upgrade kit over the stock SLP CAI. ie hp/tq gains. At all speeds, topend, lowend?

Is it easily installed onto the SLP CAI? Do I have to take the SLP CAI off, or do I just go under the car and shove this on?
        2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

Comment

oz? did u take my sig? cause ive had it for like 2 months and ive never seen urs. i didnt get it off of someones elses i got it off a quote page
          <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/onoiocoko\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/onoiocoko</a> <br />\"there are three kinds of people - those who can count and those who can\'t\"

Comment

LOL! I'll change my Sig. Did'nt see yours,got it in an email.

Anyone got a better answer to my question?

Comment

Oz- Here's my take on the sealed airbox, the way I see it if your forcing air into your engine with the scoop, having your airbox unsealed would let excess pressure out of the intake instead of forcing it into the engine.

Whats going on with this SLP upgrade?? What exactly does it do?
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sac2165:

Whats going on with this SLP upgrade?? What exactly does it do?
                <hr></blockquote>

The world may never know... I just bought my SLP CAI and thinking of getting this but would like to know the difference too. Anyone know??
                2002 Camaro 3.8 Y87<br />K&N Air Filter, Whisperlid<br />SLP CAI, BMR STB<br />With more to come...

Comment

Yeah im sure some company can honestly come up with a ram ar idea that is professional, i understand hood clearance issues but come on some engineer has to be compitent enough to do this, i know som company can make one for 95-97 guys if they have ss hood because the ss hod offers more hood clearance
                  Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Man, I wish somebody would post some replies to that ram air upgrade.

"the way I see it if your forcing air into your engine with the scoop, having your airbox unsealed would let excess pressure out of the intake instead of forcing it into the engine."

I did not install the large rubber block-off cause i wanted to keep the front end ram-air online. I've been told that the SLP CAI is not a ram air upgrade. So i did not think it was forcing air, like suggested in the qoute above. Is this info wrong?
                    Now i'm getting mixed signals [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

Should i install the rubber block-off or not?

OZ

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X