cut-out worth it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cut-out worth it??

i have one on my SS but i have an extra ecutout from dmh layin around, and was thinkin about puttin it on the bird, its a 3 inch so ill have to do some fabricating on it butitll work, just wanted to know if they are worth it or not and if so what kinda gains from it (i doubt there the same results as the LT1 cars.)thanks!
    94 firebird, flowmaster 80, no cats, ZEX dry kit-SOLD!!!<br />1997 camaro SS- lots of mods, thrown rod at the moment,awaiting 383<br />1990 plymouth laser RS turbo-14.5@94<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.baycityrides.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.baycityrides.com</a>

Well on my 94 3.4 Camaro i gained 7 RWHP and 5 RWTQ from the cut out being open VS it being capped.

Im guessing it will be more since you have the 3.8

Comment

i have the 3.4
      94 firebird, flowmaster 80, no cats, ZEX dry kit-SOLD!!!<br />1997 camaro SS- lots of mods, thrown rod at the moment,awaiting 383<br />1990 plymouth laser RS turbo-14.5@94<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.baycityrides.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.baycityrides.com</a>

Comment

yes they are worth it and i would say go with the Qtec electronic open cutout. it just requires you to flip a switch to open it or close it, instead of getting out of your car going underneath it and unscrewing it. so i think its a good idea.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

i staded in my post i had an extra DMH e cutout layin around. ive owned both qtech and dmh, and which one do i still have [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Where after the cat would you put a cutout if you are going for the best sound. I was thinking right before the rear tire
            98 White Camaro

Comment

why would you do that... the purpose of the cutout is really cheap HP when you want it. Put it before the cat, screw the atomosphere (plus it takes 5 mins for the cat to heat up and do its job and after 50000mi they tend to either fail completely or are on their way out but im sure you dont car about all that anyway). this will give you the best gains but a nasty *** rasp, but who cares if it works better.
              2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

i believe it has been proven that on our cars it is more useful to put it after the cat. legend has it that our cars need a certain amount of backpressure ;) of course i cant prove that. i have seen 1/4 mile tests that said the best spot was right after the Spipe (the s-shaped bend right after the cat). as far as the best place for sound... i have no idea.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X