Sims or Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sims or Sensors

Ok, time to fix the SES light. I have pacesetter headers, highflow cat and magnaflow exhaust, w/ o2 sensor bungs welded in the correct spots. Right now, they have plugs in them cause the threads to the sensors were stripped off getting them out. Need to get rid of the code because new emissions standards are based on codes, not a sniff test anymore. Should I

A) get a pair of sims (If so, give me source and brand)
    B) get a new set of O2 sensors (source and brand)

which is going to be the cheapest, most likely cure to the problem?
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

You say it plural, so are you running no O2 sensors at all?? You should only need 1 simulator, for after the cat. Before the cat, you must have the sensors installed.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

why "must" I? there isnt one there at the moment? its plugged.

Comment

The computer uses the sensor before the cat to determine how rich/lean the car is running. If you don't have one there, the car is prolly just pulling this data from default tables (not exactly sure of this) and you will not be making max HP.

The sensor after the cat is only used by the computer to make sure that the cat is working. They just compare readings from the two to make sure levels are lower on the second one.

Buy a new O2 for the front, and buy a sim for the rear (if ya wanna run w/o the cat) and all should be well.

- Justin
        <a href=\"http://www.njfboa.org\" target=\"_blank\">New Jersey F-Body Owners Association</a><br />1987 Camaro LT - 400sbc, Aluminum L98\'s w/valve job, Comp XE 274, Q-Junk 750, 3.23 posi, 4.10\'s soon.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.njfboa.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=11\" target=\"_blank\">East Coast F-Body Nationals - August 14, 2005</a>

Comment

are the O2 sensors genaric (as in it doesnt matter if I put the post cat in the pre cat) or do you have to order it for the specific location? I think its the front one I messed up, so can I put the rear one in its spot?

Comment

Nope, they are all different. My rear O2 Sim didnt work, by the way. Still throws a SES. Oh well, just did emissions, wont have to do it again for four years. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Brendan
            2000 Camaro L36 M49
            84 Volkswagen Scirocco 8v
            I am a man, I can change... if I have to.... I guess.....<br /><br />-Red Green

Comment

what brand sim did you use? I need to get this worked ot at least by end od summer since I will have to pass emissions which is now based on codes :rolleyes:

Comment

I got the casper o2 sim and it didn't work
                \"I\'m going to torment you beyond the end of time, and hit you with a steamroller!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X