Custom CAI's....are they any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrew.brandon:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
    i also removed the black piece under the fender...
    I would not recomend that. The day I put mine on a front came through. I drove my car home that morning from school with no problem and took the peice off to put the CAI in but ran out of time to put it back on. So I want back to school without it and the wind blew me all over the road. I guess the wind was getting traped in that comaprtment. </font>[/QUOTE]I went 2 years, and had not one problem, even with several 100+ mph runs... maybe it was jsut your car...

I never ever ever had a problem with my car getting the least bit loose in my 94, even at high speeds.( I did have problems with my 85 though :eek: that car was scary at 100mph)

Maybe its a firebird problem...

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.brandon:
      You mean like this on my cheep a$$ intake? As for the "lip" to keep hot air out, you could cut one out of cardboard and stick it just above the filter. Not that mine gets warm past the blue connector. Why pay $250+ for another 1-2HP?

link (this link is messing up. the pic is # 59 not 60)
      I have seen that guy sell ones for the 3.8, but I am not sure how they hook up.
      Yes, just like that [img]smile.gif[/img]

What really makes me mad are the intakes people put together from ricer intakes (such as APC) and sell them as "cold air intakes." People are paying for a crappy design that they could make from PVC for next to nothing.

BTW, you might want to check and see if your filter is actually one of those fake ricer filters from those kits. You can find the kits at Pep Boys, Autozone, and Advanced Auto. You'll see right on the side of the box they'll say they're for show use only, not street use. Not trying to be insulting, but better safe than sorry.
      ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X