H cross over in Y-pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H cross over in Y-pipe

I was in denver, and my buddy has a friend at work that owns a 3.8 camaro with an 80 series flow, 2.5 inch I-pipe, no resonator, stock cat. now I've heard lots of these 3.8's with 80 series and they all seem to have the same annoying buzz and rice up high, his has none of it, his sounded a lot meaner and better flowing, no rice anywhere from idle to red-line. He said the exhaust shop put a cross over pipe in his Y-pipe before it merged into a single, this is supposed to balance the exhaust pulses before they merge into the single pipe and give it a better sound. well, it sure sounded good. In all my experience working with and fabricating exhaust I have never heard of this trick, has anyone else?
    99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Originally posted by 99BlueSuperSix:
    I was in denver, and my buddy has a friend at work that owns a 3.8 camaro with an 80 series flow, 2.5 inch I-pipe, no resonator, stock cat. now I've heard lots of these 3.8's with 80 series and they all seem to have the same annoying buzz and rice up high, his has none of it, his sounded a lot meaner and better flowing, no rice anywhere from idle to red-line. He said the exhaust shop put a cross over pipe in his Y-pipe before it merged into a single, this is supposed to balance the exhaust pulses before they merge into the single pipe and give it a better sound. well, it sure sounded good. In all my experience working with and fabricating exhaust I have never heard of this trick, has anyone else?
    I've never heard of it at all. I have True duals on mine with an H-pipe no Y-pipe.
    2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

yeah, I'd like to hear yours or see pics.
      99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

looks like the LS1 guys have tried it as well...

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=h-pipe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X