TB/MAF Port&Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB/MAF Port&Polish

I ran a search, but my questions were not covered.

I ported and polished my TB/MAF unit, and reinstalled it. The car is running fairly rich (which I expected), so I removed the PCM fuses to let the PCM reset.

I've read that a MAFT+ is recommended for tuning. My question is "Can I use a MAFT+ advertised for LT1/LS1 cars with our MAF sensor?"

Secondly, what steps should be taken to tune with the MAF Translator+?

[update] Before resetting the PCM, the car idled like a lawn-mower with the choke still on, and it was running very rich. Well, after the PCM reset, I hit one of the highways and gunned it for a good long while, until I reached 160 or so, then slowed her down, and turned around for home, did the same thing, turned around again, did it again, turned around back toward home, and did it until I reached city limits. I reached my driveway, and put it into park to find that the rough, rough idle and the rich condition was gone. The idle was smooth and sounded very nice when revving, with no popping.

Still wondering if I can use an LT1/LS1 advertised MAFT+.

[ April 14, 2004, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Big Bad James ]
    \'97 Camaro: GN Turbo w/intercooler, 3.42s w/ Auburn HD posi, Bulletproof 4L60E-HD, stage II shift kit, Vette servo, MSD Ign, K&N, Ported TB/MAF, 3\" FlowMaster, 160* thermo, HPTuners v1.6

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X