ugh pop and rasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ugh pop and rasp

I just put a magnaflow 2.5" catback on my 94 3.4 a4 firebird 2 couple months ago and i get really nasty pop and rasp even when i rev it low like 2500-3000k and i was wonderin if a highflow cat or sutmhin along those lines would help. Any suggestions would be helpful

maybe a high flow cat and 3" instead of 2.5 :D
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

My flowmaster is doing that too, but there is something inside the muffler that has come loose. You can hear it rattling around even at idle, then it gets even worse on hard acceleration. I'm getting rid of the Flowmaster and getting a Hooker....lol
      2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Will going from 2.5" to 3" really get rid of rasp and pops?
        1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

i agree with jaymatic im not saying your wrong but i dont really think a bigger system will make it go away. plus im only 17 and my exhaust cost me close to 400 so im not really ready to give up on it that quick yet but that nks for the advice

Comment

hey sorry for bein a p.i.t.a. but i was thinkin about getin headers in july and iw as wonderin if anyone has them and if they like the sound. Im more intersted in them ben loud as hell and soundin good the the whole power thing

Comment

its the cat, its no the cat-back. mine was doing the same. i bought a catco 3" high flow and it's fine now.
              \'94 Firebird, 3.4 M5.<br />Arctic white w/ red anniversary stripe. ASP underdrive pulley set, Magnaflow 2.5\" stainless catback, CAT, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK2, 1000 watt stereo system capped 1F, Eagle Alloys 16\" 077\'s, 180 Deg. Thermo.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that it's the cat, as I've got the same problem with my 3.4l and a stock cat. I assume you (mattyferr) also have a stock cat. I'd love to purchase a high flow cat to see if that corrects the problem (I believe Leviathan, but want an excuse to get a new part for my car. [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] ) but don't have the cash lately. Oh well, life sucks... sometimes...
                Me-&gt; [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] &lt;-Finances
                Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

more money is always nice :( . (the stock cats on our 3.4's don't seem to hold up well...)
                  \'94 Firebird, 3.4 M5.<br />Arctic white w/ red anniversary stripe. ASP underdrive pulley set, Magnaflow 2.5\" stainless catback, CAT, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK2, 1000 watt stereo system capped 1F, Eagle Alloys 16\" 077\'s, 180 Deg. Thermo.

Comment

my cat was so bad that it would back up the exhaust flow because it was in pieces. (and rattled extremely loud also). killed my already bad gas mileage, so i would change it asap

Comment

3 inch cat will get rid of the rasp
                      1993 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L V6 A4<br />F41 RPO suspension option<br />119K miles<br />Fastchip<br />K&N \"Filtercharged\"<br />Airbox cuttout CAI<br />ASP underdrive pulleys<br />Pacesetter Headers<br />Flowmaster 80 Series 2.75 cat-back<br />MangaFlow Hi-Flow Cat<br />Corvette Servo<br />16.4 @ 81 MPH

Comment

hey leviathan can you send me some pics of your car i noticed that you had 16" 077 and i was thinking of doing the same thing or getting headers.
                        Mattyferr@yahoo.com

Comment

sure, i wanna take some better ones soon tho, the ones i have now were taken with a worthless digicam.

Comment

i'll send you some tomorrow

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X