Ordering from Summit and Jegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering from Summit and Jegs

I am pretty sure that Summit and Jegs are the cheapest places to order stuff. If there are any others let me know.
    I know at Summitracing.com you need to have a membership in order to order something from them. Does a membership cost anything?
    How about at Jegs? Do you need to have a membership and does it cost anything?
    I know that around Christmas both companies ofered something where if you bought a product that was more than a certain price you wouldn't be charged shipping or something like that but I don't know if that runs all year around. So If I am going to order a part that is $269.99 will I be charged shipping and/or handling?

Thanks guys,
    -Jay
    1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

The membership is more like an online account, its free and doesn't cost a thing. You will be charged shipping if it's more than $20 I think, so in your cast yes you'll be charged shipping. I live 20 mins away from Summit and all their sales people are really nice. Don't be scared to give them a call that way you don't have to play the guessing game.
    Ben<br /><br />1995 White/Black 3.4L<br />As far away from stock as possible<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=288292\" target=\"_blank\">My Site!!!</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.redlinevsix.com\" target=\"_blank\">RedLineV6</a><br />Rebuild and 3.4 T70 Turbo is complete<br />Details to come....

Comment

ditto. Summit is incredible. I ordered a $300 catback from them, they charged me like $6.00 shipping and it was on my doorstep in 2-3 days. The only complaint I have is that you cant always find what you are looking for on their site/ catalog but if you call them, they are more than likely going to have anything you can dream up.

Check the sponsors of this site... they are all great too as far as customer service and have competetive prices. Shop around a little bit. I have personally ordered through ammperformance, tbyrne and thunder racing... all have been terrific, and I usually check them out first before I order anything. They are also more f-body oriented than Summit, especially when it comes to the v6's.
      \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Summit is very good. Rebuilt the entire top end of my 318 through them. Most of the things ordered have been on my dorr step in just a couple of days. Plus they have operators that will actuallyhelp you figure out what you may or may not need.

Ordered from thunder (site sponsor) .... ordered recived 2 days later. Have not bought much from them but so far so good.

Another site for replacement parts is RockAuto.com --- a little different than most other sites. Never had a problem with them to date. If no other place says they have what you are looking for chances are that rockauto will.

Jegs is a good place for quality stuff but compared to some other places their prices seem to be just a little bit higher. Have never had a problem with them.

As ellik stated i think it benefits us to first shop around the sponsor sites.... they cater to our 3.8's. In my opinion if the price is comparable using the site sponsored sites is the way to go.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X