free air lid...easy way to cut out baffles - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

free air lid...easy way to cut out baffles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free air lid...easy way to cut out baffles

instead of wasting time grinding the baffles inside the lid down with a dremel, i just did mine tonight and it took me about 15 minutes at most with a pair of pliers...just rock the baffles back and forth and go along the whole baffle, you'll hear it crack and/or it will sound like you're squeezing a piece of foam...takes probably about a quarter of the time of grinding the crap off with a dremel...especially good for anyone wanting to do this that doesn't have access to a dremel...also you might want to use duckbill pliers...those are the ones i used, worked perfectly fine...

Did u sand it down alil after u ripped them off? This is going to be my next free mod.
    \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

Originally posted by kamarozrule:
      Did u sand it down alil after u ripped them off? This is going to be my next free mod.
      I sanded mine down after breaking them out the same way he described. It makes a slight difference in the upper RPMs.
      ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

i sanded them a little but there wasnt much left to sand...but yeah you could sand it down

Comment

Originally posted by glockboy:
          instead of wasting time grinding the baffles inside the lid down with a dremel, i just did mine tonight and it took me about 15 minutes at most with a pair of pliers...just rock the baffles back and forth and go along the whole baffle, you'll hear it crack and/or it will sound like you're squeezing a piece of foam...takes probably about a quarter of the time of grinding the crap off with a dremel...especially good for anyone wanting to do this that doesn't have access to a dremel...also you might want to use duckbill pliers...those are the ones i used, worked perfectly fine...
          this is the way i helped a friend of mine do it. He braught some sand paper i said fk this and braught out some pliers and did the same thing. Then just sanded down what ever was left.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X