Dynomax kit Part # 17429 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynomax kit Part # 17429 question

Ok, The tech team at Dynomax is being a little difficult when it comes to answering my questions. This kit is 2.5" and is a cat-back kit. Does it come with the S-pipe or connect to the stock S-pipe? If it connects to the stock S-pipe, then I can have a reducer connected to the stock S-pipe so that the S-pipe is 2.5" where it meets with the kit and 2.25" at the catalytic converter side. (This kit was originally meant for the Z-28 and that is why I had to e-mail Dynomax to ask them but they basically did not answer my question)

Yes I could just buy a 2.5" High flow cat but I just dont have the money right now and am dying to order this kit.

Thanks for your info guys, I really appreciate it.
    (oh yea, I have a 96 3.8L)
    1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Nobody?? If my question is too confusing just tell me and I can try to reword it.
    1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

well man as best as I can tell any catback system for our car is going to connect in the basically right after the s-pipe

here's the deal you got the cat, coming off the cat is the "s-pipe" most people call it that because it's in the shape of an "s". Right after this pipe is what alot of people call the "I" pipe, somepeople call it that because it's in the shape of an "I" but from what I understand in exhaust manunfacturer lingo this is really short for "intermediate" pipe. Anyway there is a joint that connects the "s" pipe to the "I" pipe. This is where your aftermarket catback system should begin. Now since you are buying what I am guessing is an LT1 system you may have to have a joint put in which will bring the diameter of the joint up to a 2.5. That I'm not 100% sure about.

Well I hope this helps.
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

Now since you are buying what I am guessing is an LT1 system you may have to have a joint put in which will bring the diameter of the joint up to a 2.5.
        Exactly. I just wanted to make sure that the system connects to the S-pipe because the connecting point in the picture looks a little weird because it has a bend in it.

http://www.dynomax.com/documents/pas...ral_motors.pdf

It is the one on page 2 of that site. Part#17429

Comment

wow hold on a min, the dynomax system that I'm ordering has a 2 3/4 inlet then it goes 3" ****
          now I need to ajust it to my 3" cat, why it could never be an easy bolt on? LOL
          [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
          -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

You probably ordered a different one. In that link in my previous post, there are like 3 or 4 different Dynomax cat-backs for the camaros/firebirds

Comment

I think the one you ordered is the part # 17327, which is also a super turbo kit but with 3" pipes and a 3" offset inlet dual 3" outlet muffler.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X