Flowmaster Vs Magnaflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowmaster Vs Magnaflow

I am looking for a new cat back exhaust, what system do you think sounds better Flowmaster or Magnaflow.

I've got a magnaflow exhaust on my '94, and to tell the truth I'm not too impressed with it (came with my vehicle, was installed by the previous owner). Kinda has this annoying "popping" from the exhaust when the vehicle is decelerating while in gear. However, it doesn't "drone" too badly on the highway. Just my subjective observations.

Jon
    1994 3.4l M5 Camaro<br />Magnaflow Catback, 245/50ZR-16 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW\'s<br />\"If you have the power to do it, then do it.\"

Comment

I've got the Blowmaster with a Dynomax 3" S-pipe and Magnaflow stainless tips. The interior resonance is horrible. As soon as Thunder Racing gets them back in stock I'm swapping to a Hooker aero-chamber muffler. So then I'll have a DynoHookerFlow system lol
      2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

just got a Magnaflow but havent put it on yet but from what I've heard is Flowmaster sounds better but Magnaflow puts out more power. So I went with power though I do not think it will add a tremendous amount more than the flowmaster.
        -------------------------<br />\'99 Camaro A4 HUGGER ORANGE<br />Mods:<br />JET CHIP Stage 2 (for sale)<br />Magnaflow Catback System 2.5\"<br />SLP CAI<br />!FRA<br />160 degree Thermo<br /><br />Email: Maniac02570@aol.com

Comment

someone at my school claims they put on an american thunder system on his 3.4, would that sound and perform good, if it would where could i get one.

Comment

magnaflow sounds better than flowmaster, hands down. (in my opinion) i've heard that flowmaster has a tinny sound :( , the popping coming out of your exhaust will happen with any exhaust on the 3.4, look into a new cat.
            \'94 Firebird, 3.4 M5.<br />Arctic white w/ red anniversary stripe. ASP underdrive pulley set, Magnaflow 2.5\" stainless catback, CAT, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK2, 1000 watt stereo system capped 1F, Eagle Alloys 16\" 077\'s, 180 Deg. Thermo.

Comment

it even pops with the stock exhaust.
              \'94 Firebird, 3.4 M5.<br />Arctic white w/ red anniversary stripe. ASP underdrive pulley set, Magnaflow 2.5\" stainless catback, CAT, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK2, 1000 watt stereo system capped 1F, Eagle Alloys 16\" 077\'s, 180 Deg. Thermo.

Comment

flowmasters on 3.4L's sound good, i had one on my 3.4, and have one on my 3.8...
                97 camaro<br />black, 5 speed, t-tops, rockford fosgate cd w/4X6.5\" rockford speakers, 3\" flowmaster american thunder catback with 3\" carsound cat, SLP CAI, B&M Ripper w/leather Hurst shift knob, 5% tint.<br /> <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100</a>

Comment

most people say the flowmaster 40 series is good with little rasp.

Comment

I'll look into a new high flow cat sometime in the near future, probably after I start getting paid for my new rank :::waits patiently:::
                    1994 3.4l M5 Camaro<br />Magnaflow Catback, 245/50ZR-16 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW\'s<br />\"If you have the power to do it, then do it.\"

Comment

Flowmaster 80 series, I cant say it enough.. Hands down.. No competition..

Does colorado have emissions testing? if not, **** the cat converter.. You're OBD1, you do not NEED it.
                      Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

even if they do emission test, heres a quick fix [img]smile.gif[/img]

make a pipe to connect the y-pipe to the cat-back and flange both sides, that way when you need to take it to emissions, you can just unbolt the pipe, and both your cat back in temporarily [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, we actually have very strict emissions testing, although the individuals working at the testing centers don't seem to be *ahem* "enthusiasts." With my luck, however, I'd get nabbed in one way or another, and have to pay a fine. Honestly though, how many HP would we lose to a high flow cat? My guess is what, 2? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Flowmaster 40 series period. Sounds awesome.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X