New exhaust put on today (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New exhaust put on today (long)

I finally got my exhaust set-up installed today. Heres what it includes: 3" in/out catco cat., 2.5" S pipe, 3" I pipe, 3" Cut-out before rear axle, 3" over the axle pipe, 2.5" in/dual out dynomax super turbo muffler, 2.5" tail pipes,quad stainless steel tips. (BTW that's NOT my car) I have a 1995 3.4 Camaro.

Heres my opinion on how it sounds and performs:
    dynomax super turbo muffler:IMO it sounds just right. Its not very loud inside the car, but outside, it's deep and growly. No rice sounds at all.
    Whole set-up with cut-out closed:Sounds nice and deep. Shifts seem to be A LOT more firm. I know there has been many posts dealing with loss of low-end torque when using a 3" pipe, but I have not noticed any, and if there is some loss, it is not enough to worry about, and the better shifting by-far makes up for it.
    Whole set-up with cut-out open:Extreamly loud! But it does sound pretty nice through the whole rpm range. I have not been to the track with it yet, so i can't say how much better/worse it is when compared with it being closed.
    I hope this helps clear up some questions I've seen posted dealing with exhaust. And if it just starts more questions let me know and i'll try to help answer them. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

what did that run you?
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

How about some sound clips [img]smile.gif[/img]
      99 3.8 Camaro<br />Intake Mods: K&N filter, Whisper lid, free ram air, !air silencer, !maf screen<br />Exhaust Mods: Flowmaster 80 series, 3\" I-pipe, 3\" Cutout<br />Suspension: Intrax Springs (2\" drop)<br />Misc.: Fan switch mod, Hayden transmission cooler

Comment

The cat was $50 the cut-out was $25 and the tips were $80. The muffler, shop work, and pipes were $278. So thats a total of $458, Which isn't so bad, considering all the stuff i put on.
        How do I make sound clips?
        \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X