rattling exhaust..need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rattling exhaust..need help!

i have the elebrock 3inch exhaust. i think i pinpointed my problem. everytime i hit a bump my car makes this fuuny sound coming from the rear of my car.
    well i crawled under the car yesterday and i noticed that the pipe that goes over the axle is touching the heat shield. so i'm thinking metal on metal can make lots of noise, especically when going over bumps and rough roads. these noise are driving me crazy... anyone else have this problem.. what is the best way to fix it.. i have checked everything else. i tought is was my lca's, but i'm sure my exhaust is what is making all this hateful noise..
    97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

I sorta had the same problem but when I started out it had a buzzing sound. So when I had my exhaust fixed last week the guy who did it said he moved the pipe over the axle around a little and I haven't had any buzzing sounds since then.

JR
    1996 Camaro 3.8<br />Edelbrock Exhaust, SLP Intake, Bosch, Platinum +4 Plugs, Accel Wires, SLP fan switch<p>\"Let the good times roll\"

Comment

anyone else
      97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

Comment

ya know I thought the same thing about my car when I went over bumps I was like oh shiat my muffler or pipes. then I looked under and pipes and muffler were fine. I then lifted my back muffler up and down with my arms and herd the dreaded sound it is my suspension.
        1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X