Air Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Box

I know that most cars today don't have the same characteristics of older cars, but if you were to remove the air box on the 3.8L and put on a 2 or 3" pipe with a filter, how strong would the suction be? Is it strong enough to feel the air being sucked in if you were to put your hand near it while the engine reved, or is it pretty weak. A friend of mine has a 99 S-10 and recently took off the air box and put on a pipe with a filter. You can somewhat feel the suction around the intake but just barely and only if your hand is basically right on the filter, but his S-10 is also a 2.2L 4 cylinder.
    1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

no you probably wouldnt feel it much....unless your running some sort of forced induction ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

you should be able to feel the suction, on my 3.4 i can feel the air rushing in when i rev it.
      \'94 Firebird, 3.4 M5.<br />Arctic white w/ red anniversary stripe. ASP underdrive pulley set, Magnaflow 2.5\" stainless catback, CAT, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK2, 1000 watt stereo system capped 1F, Eagle Alloys 16\" 077\'s, 180 Deg. Thermo.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X