Meineke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meineke

I am going to Meineke on Saturday to get a price quote on how much it will cost for them to bend me a 2.5" I-pipe for my Dynomax Super Turbo muffler. I am just getting a price quote Saturday, I am not going to have anything installed until next weekend. I know that Meineke does not use a mandrel bender, they use some other bender. Are their bends going to hurt my performance gains because they are not mandrel bent?

Thanks guys,
    -Jay
    1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

..... do you have a catback yet??

and BTW.. i pipes are strait..they dont really need to be bent..

Comment

headers -&gt; y-pipe -&gt;cat pipe -&gt; s-pipe -&gt; I-pipe -&gt; over the axel pipe -&gt; muffler- &gt; end-pipe/tips

Comment

They're going to rip you off. Scrap the project, or go to a custom exhaust shop that will be more friendly. IMHO.
        <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

No I don't have a cat-back. I think I just might order the cat-back for the Z-28's from Dynomax. Part#17429. It has 2 1/2" piping. The only exhaust shops in my area are Midas and Meinke. I would have to dirve an hour to find a custom shop.

"and BTW.. i pipes are strait..they dont really need to be bent.." -AllTheGoodNamesAreGone

Aren't I-pipes the whole pipe from the cat to the muffler?? That's what I thought the I-pipe was.. The intermediate pipe, meaning between the cat and muffler. But maybe I was wrong. Sorry if I have it wrong but please verify if I was wrong in my assumption of what the I-pipe is.

Also, the suggestion that you mentioned AllTheGoodNamesAreGone, I would rather not order all those pieces, I would like to just order one big package instead of a whole bunch of pipes.

Thanks guys, your info has helped me out. As I said earlier in this post, I think I will just go with the super turbo kit for the Z-28's because I am not really trusting Meineke now.
          1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

you know, you could just get an I pipe off a z28/Ta for a lot cheaper...

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X