dual glass packs and 98+ front fender exit - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dual glass packs and 98+ front fender exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual glass packs and 98+ front fender exit

ok this is kind of a two in one question. first how would the exhaust sound with two glass packs? two who thinks that making a custom exhaust to exit out the two vents in the front fenders of 98+ firebirds with custom made tips would look awsome. the reason i ask both of these is that i am going to make some headers to make the exhaust go towards the front bumper so i can make a turbo setup in front of my engine. I really dont want to run the exhaust under the k-member so i figure ill y out from the turbo facing both fenders, put the glass packs there and low to the ground. then i plan i cuting a hole in the plastic gaurd in the wheel well and running the exhaust up following the well all the way around to the other side with flat pipe and through another hole on the other side of the well and then out the vents in the fender. i think this would flow well and would be a pretty cool custom exhaust. what do you guys think of all that? my only worry is how much the shocks allow the tire to move. i have stiffer than stock struts though but im still not sure, is there any way to find out how much they move?
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

i didnt even really read the whole thing, because i didn't feel like it, and it sounded stupid... anyway, that would be a good idea because all the fuel that didn't get burned up will go right across the side of the car, and plus its really hot and it will probably melt the plastic, plus all the black crap that comes out of the exhaust tips, take a look inside your tips and if you want that on the side of your car then go for it. and it would be more trouble than its worth...

merlin
    2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

thanks for the help. im just tryin to find ways to keep from going under my k-member because a lot of people have had trouble with bottoming out. if you or anyone else has a suggestion to get to the back of the car that would help out as well. i agree your right about everything with the side exits, im an idiot for not thinking of that. as for the glass packs though how would they sound? would they be overly loud (meaning louder than the loudmouth) or would two of them quiet it down a little more? any info would help because i need to get all this ironed out before i can start fabbing this all out.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Having two glasspacks would be a good idea to quiet it down. I have no idea what it would sound like though. I am not 100% sure of this, but I think glass packs produce a lot of heat that wouldn't be good for our cars. Someone at an exhaust shop said that if the heat got near the engine it could damage it and especially the computer and electrical stuff. I am not sure if that guy knew what he was talking about or not, but many people do say that glass packs get REAL HOT.
        1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

Just do a single and go under - K. Works for "most" people. You have to scrap AC to go over. Like me.
          <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

Imagine the bugs and other crap you hit while you're driving. Those things would be entering your exhaust if it exited in the spot you describe. Also you wouldn't want airflow opposing your exhaust flow. As for the glass packs, it's hard to say how it would sound, but keep in mind that glass packs have to be replaced every one of two years.
            KYB Gas-A-Just shocks
            K&N filter
            Dynomax rear section with SS tips
            *NEW* Alpine CDA-D852 cd player

Comment

yeah but they are cheap as hell too. thanks for the info about the heat though, ill have to take that into consideration.

Comment

yeah i think the glass packs will sound fine, and ditto on scrapping the ac to go over the k-member...

merlin
                2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X