Cutout...Yay or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutout...Yay or Nay?

Just want some opinions and/or advice from people who have/had them. I heard one on a RS a few weeks back and it caught my attention. He had his installed after the cat near the rear end.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

id also love to know so ill give it a TTT..i think i will eventually get one when i have run out of mods to do :D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NBMA4V6:
      TTT<hr></blockquote>
      What does this mean?
      \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

yay

Comment

TTT = To The Top, meaning to bring your post to the top of the message board where it would be seen more.

As for your questions...

A cutout kicks *** . Mike24 (alias on the board) has one installed and it sounds badazz. I have one on my T/A but that's a different league. It doesn't sound ricey at all, sounds muscle-car-ish. He can also feel a little bit more top end. And man is it loud. [img]smile.gif[/img] ESPECIALLY on my LT1...good god.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In short, GET ONE! :D
          Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

Does it hurt performance any with it hurt vs not having one? I would only be opening mine at the track [img]smile.gif[/img]
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Also, do ya'll keep it closed during regular driving?

Comment

I've heard from other sources that the V6 Maro engines, especially the 3.8, sound liks A$$ with a cutout. :(

PLEASE, does someone have a .wav file or something of a camaro 3.8 with a cutout. I'd like to hear it with my own ears. Thanks

Comment

I love mine! Not much rice under 4K RPM's, and top end feels great (lost a little low end I think), but over-all I love it! I always have mine open!
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Typically, with a cutout on an LT1, gains of 2MPH and .2 are common. I don't see why you wouldn't see similar gains with a 3.8. I personally don't agree with only uncapping it at the track. You should open it a day before (if your track is far away) or open it on the way to the track (if your track is far) to let the PCM adjust to the change in backpressure. I notice that when I cap my cutout the car feels much slower until it (for lack of a better term) is 'broken in.' When I uncap it, it's the same way. It usually takes a few miles (20 or so) of driving for the car to wake up. Maybe Charlotte is just anal. [img]smile.gif[/img] Go for it. For less than $80, it rocks.
                    Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
                      I've heard from other sources that the V6 Maro engines, especially the 3.8, sound liks A$$ with a cutout. :(

PLEASE, does someone have a .wav file or something of a camaro 3.8 with a cutout. I'd like to hear it with my own ears. Thanks
                      <hr></blockquote>

I'll make a recording and post it soon.

Comment

My cut-out was only 30 dollars, i went to an exhaust shop and they built it instead of buying one then having it installed, i love it!!! i leave it open about 75% of the time, sometimes i get bored adn cap it for the hell of it just for something to do!! i picked up hella good on the top-end!theres nothing crappy about the way it sounds, it sounds good under 3k(city driving)!
                        <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WickEdSix9838:
                          [QB, it sounds good under 3k(city driving)![/QB]<hr></blockquote>

How does it sound at WOT? Where is yours mounted at? The cutout on the rs I heard had his mounted after the cat near the rear end. It seems it sounds better and not as loud mounted after instead of before the cat.

Comment

sooo i brought this back to the top so we could discuss a little more..I think im gettin a cutout put on right before the rear axle like when most of the LS1/lt1 people put theirs..

who has it there and how loud will it be since i still have my stock cat and stock headers?

and does it vibrate the hell out of the interior? my car already rattles at 15000 miles and im not lookin to advance the process but i do need some tone cause after my car warms up the 3 inch dynomax catback is silent

Jeff W

Comment

also doing a cutout, doesn't that eliminate the point of having a muffler since all the gas is being sent out b4 the muffler?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X