Smoke comming out of my .02 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke comming out of my .02 sensor

wassup yal i got smoke comming out of my .02 sensor why would this be?? could it be i blew the head gasket or what when i drive it i hear this ticking noise... PLEASE HELP
    1995 3.4L Camillion Firebird<p>Mods: flowmaster,Custom 3inch cutout,Moroso Air intake,2000 firebird rear lights(really makes a diff),fog lights,B&M Quick shifter,Custom Automatic short shifter handle,<p>Upcomming Mods:Pulleys,3 inch Cat,Power chip,headers,gears.. WHICH = ALOT OF MONEY....

Sounds like an exhaust leak. Use an inspection mirror to view the surfaces around the O2 sensor. Determine the source of the leak by tracing the soot deposits to the thickest point. If the soot is coming from the sensor body, change the sensor. If the soot is coming from the base of the sensor, ensure that the sensor is screwed tight. If the sensor is tight, the sensor bung is probably cracked. Remove the sensor and the manifold/pipe segment (you didn't mention if this pertains to a manifold or converter mounted sensor). Clean the soot from the manifold/pipe segment. Weld or braze over the crack. You can use a torch and a brass coat hanger (for a welding rod). Grind any imperfections away, and re-tap the sensor bung. Install the manifold/pipe segment and O2 sensor.
    You can achieve anything for which you are prepared to pay the price.<br /> --ATTILA THE HUN

Comment

damn all of that i got to do... **** i don't have a shop in my garage ...hahaha **** it i guess i'll start riding the motorcycle
      1995 3.4L Camillion Firebird<p>Mods: flowmaster,Custom 3inch cutout,Moroso Air intake,2000 firebird rear lights(really makes a diff),fog lights,B&M Quick shifter,Custom Automatic short shifter handle,<p>Upcomming Mods:Pulleys,3 inch Cat,Power chip,headers,gears.. WHICH = ALOT OF MONEY....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X