calling all exhaust smarties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling all exhaust smarties

since my longtubes are goofy, meaning the drivers one has a 90* bend in it do you think its a good idea to run a true dual setup with regular headers? or is true duals with x pipe basically for longtubes? if i got regular headers and ran a y pipe setup with a borla or triflow exhaust do you think that the y pipe/ borla setup would sound better than the regular headers/ true dual setup with x pipe and bullets? or will the regular headers with true duals sound better than the y pipe setup? do you think my 1/4 mile times would be just as good with regular headers and the true duals with x pipe, as it would be with the longtubes with true duals and x pipe? or would the longtubes with true duals give me alot better et? it shouldnt be any better i mean the longtubes are only like 8-10" longer
    Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

That's a lot of questions... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I don't know about the sound difference.

Long tubes tend to help a little more at the track, with the v8's anyway. I would think so on the v6's, but it's probably not a whole lot. The length has to do with techy stuff like gas pulses and reversion and stuff like that. The 8"-10" makes a difference in that world.

Properly sized duals with an x or h, vs. a properly sized single should flow about the same.
    \'98 A4 Camaro v6-&gt;v8 conversion, and STS kit next<br />v6: 13.6 Powerdyne, 13.2 150 shot, 13.8 120 shot, 14.3 85 shot, 15.7 stock<br />v8(na): 12.18@113, 392rwhp<br />Moderator on <a href=\"http://www.mtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.mtfba.org</a> and <a href=\"http://www.frrax.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.frrax.com</a> (Road Race & Autocross)<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/johnduncan10\" target=\"_blank\">Car pics</a>, <a href=\"http://www.trscca.com\" target=\"_blank\">TN Region SCCA</a>

Comment

Longtubes are more for help on the top end. Is there a possibility to re design the header that doesn't make a 90* turn? If you can, then I'd try that.

those headers to 2.5" Y pipe, 3", etc...
      or, go tru duals, with bulletts, since they will fit.
      an X pipe will help balance the flow of exhaust gases. It can be done, you're just going to lose some ground clearance. But, there shouldn't be a huge issue, just don't jump curves or go up really steep driveways. I'm *kind of* slackingly working on some long tubes myself, but really, you can do duals. Headers --&gt; X pipe --&gt; bullets
      2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Go with the tru duals except go with an H-pipe instead of an X.
        2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

why would you say go for an h instead of an x? an h gives power downlow an x gives power through the entire rpm range.
          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

i'd go with a mandrel bent x pipe, it'll provide for lots of scaveging for down low torque and free flow for high end

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X