New headers available for 3.8 LOOK INSIDE!!!!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New headers available for 3.8 LOOK INSIDE!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New headers available for 3.8 LOOK INSIDE!!!!!!

Haha, just kidding. Ok but really I want a sound clip of a 3.8 that has headers. Anybody have one? Does it really change the exhaust tone? Or is it not that noticeable? Please get me a sound clip.

You had better change that topic real fast before you piss anyone else off.

Yes headers make a difference, if they didn't then people wouldn't buy them. Flat torque curves and a wicked sound. I'll have a video soon, ordering CIAs today.

Scott

Comment

In my opinion they're not worth the money and, more so, the trouble.

Sound doesn't change a lot, and power is almost the same on an NA car, except a little quicker accel. at higher (highway) speeds.

Biggest difference for my $700 was I can now change all plugs and wires in under 20 min.
      -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Unfortuantely, not many companies make headers for teh V6 Fbody... and the ones that DO make them have had problems with quality, plus they're pretty pricty... so this is probably why there's a slight backlash for buying a set of headers. However, having these added will give a better sotp overall gain with any other mods added (such as gears because you'll have more top end with the headers) [img]smile.gif[/img] just food for thought
        <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

the new pacesetter headers that are coming out soon are cheap. im gonna hop on that deal as soon as they are on the market
          96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

I think I will be going with pacesetter as well. Much more affordable. Almost a reasonable price for the 5-10 HP increase.

Comment

or, you could order the 2000+ manifolds off gm's performance parts site...only like 180 for the set, shorty headers from the factory
              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

But I dont see how factory manifolds compare to headers. I heard they will be selling the Pacesetter headres for $170 really soon. I think I will just hold out.

Comment

My question would be, how do the new tubular manifolds compare to the headers that are currently out on the market?
                  Is the difference even less dramatic then? Is it worth changing the manifolds on a 2002 with CIA's?
                  Opinions please..
                  \'02 3.8L, Pewter Metallic Camaro<br /> - Y87 Performance Package<br /> - T-Tops<br /> - Monsoon Audio<br /> * SLP CAI<br /> * Whisper Lid<br /> * K&N Filter

Comment

here's a pic of the tubular manifolds, I guess you can sort of compare them with this

http://www.geocities.com/brista311/tubularmanifolds.jpg

cut and paste the link!!!

Comment

If you really look at the 2002 manifolds they are basically short headers. If the size of the tubing is anything close to 1 3/8" - 1 1/2" then there shouldnt be much of a difference between them and aftermarket headers. Think about it. GM rates them at 5 HP ( 2002 cars have 205 HP ) and thats about what most people see from aftermarket ( 5~7 HP).

Does anyone know how plug access is for the manifolds?

~Brian
                      NEW 2002 Onyx Black SS Camaro<br />M6, leather, T-tops, Hurst shifter<p>sold: 1999 Pewter V6 A4 Camaro

Comment

Well I plan on running a cam with tublar manifolds. So I guess we'll find out at some pt.
                        Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
                        "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
                        http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

-RKSport have quality problems, not CIA.
                          -CIA are just pricey. (But then again so are RKSport.)
                          -If you're going to get headers at all, the GET CERAMIC COATING, not the cheap painted ones.
                          -IMO headers aren't really worth the time, work, or money unless you need them for forced induction.
                          -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X