muffler question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muffler question

i was thinking about geting a raven muffler from midas, but know nothing about them. I'll probably end up geting te 80 series or the 50 series, does any one have a 50 series? If I get the 80, there is no single in single out, so do you all just take the tips straight back? I like the sound of the 80 series on the flowmaster web site, but it sounds awful when the get on it, does any one else have that problem, or could i just get bigger pipe starting at the STOCK cat to correct that?
    Pat Spalding<br />1998 Firebird 3.8L A4<br />BMR control arms<br />NX wet kit<br />80 series flowmaster

its a 1998 3.8.... and what size are the pipes stock should i go to a 2.5
    Pat Spalding<br />1998 Firebird 3.8L A4<br />BMR control arms<br />NX wet kit<br />80 series flowmaster

Comment

i have the 80 series, the place that put it in did a little work to make the tips line up straight coming out the back, i have dual chrome tips as well
      but the stock pipe diameter is 2.25" but ive heard the jump to 2.5" opens up our exhaust quite a bit, so it would probably be benificial to get the larger pipe when your getting your muffler just so you dont have to go back and do it later
      also u might try to get a high flow cat, a good catco cat is only like $60ish and a high flow cat is very worth it
      R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Talking with a tech at Flowmaster the other day, they recently release a catback exhaust system for 98 - 02 3.8l v6 f-bodies.

2.5 inch pipes, 80 series dual outlet muffler and quad stainless steel tips.

Through Summit Racing, the price is $272, plus shipping/handling. Special order item...

dave

Comment

Wow, that's not a bad deal. I really like my total 3" system though. It really frees up the top end. I lost some bottom end but it sure hasn't slowed me down any. With a cat the system sounds great, without, well, not the greatest at high rpm's but incredible at idle and low rpm's.
          1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X