Headers and Cat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers and Cat!

I heard you actually lose horsepower on a V6 with these mods? I have also heard that these mods make your car feel slower?? Is this true???

[ April 24, 2003: Message edited by: PhonyPony ]</p>
    1996 Camaro RS, A4, 3.42 Gears, K&N Filter, Flowmaster Muffler, Y87 Performance Package

From what I hear, and I don't have any basis for saying but I have heard this. You will lose low and power and gain it in the top end. I believe it's a worthwhile mod though.
    - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Freeing up the backpressure will cause your torque curve to move a little higher. This will cause a loss of low-end torque, so it may feel a little slower around town. Top-end, though, it will really want to go. :D

Matt
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I dont have the cat but i do have headers and catback and I can honestly say that I dont believe that i have lost low end power at all. I can actually chirp gears through 3 in my M5. and thats with my headers leaking. :(

Comment

When i had my 97' V6, i got a high flow cat, and the only thing I could tell different was the exhaust tone. Then I went and got CIA headers and I didn't notice any lose of low end torque, but I could definatly feel the upper end. It felt as the car pulled a lot harder.
          <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X