Is this bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this bad?

I had a muffler shop install my Flowmaster 80 series muffler and I bought my tailpipes from them. They bent them at the shop, so I really doubt they are not mandrel bent. My question is, if the tailpipes are not mandrel bent, do you lose any hp?
    1996 Camaro RS, A4, 3.42 Gears, K&N Filter, Flowmaster Muffler, Y87 Performance Package

Since their only tailpipes, probably not. By the time the air gets to the tailpipes, it's pretty much completed the exhaust process. I wouldnt' worry about it. What u should def get though is the s, i , and over axle pipes if u want the full 10 hp gain. Maybe a new cat too.

Comment

Is it bad.......
      Well....... if you are trying to scavenge every single horsepower from your vehicle then yes.
      Someone like me, for exmaple, has taken the time (finally) to make sure my complete exhaust is mandrel bent.
      I really need to maximize my set up and get the most power I can possibly.

But, we ALL know I am not right in the head.

Would this really affect you??? Probably not. It probably would not even cause you to lose 1 rwhp.
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X