MAF screen removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF screen removal

how do i go about removing my MAF screen, where the ###$% is it even, and is it true that this caused a 5hp gain? [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
    99 Firebird Vert, Pewter Metalic<br />Fast Toys Ram Air<br />Jet Stage 2 Chip<br />17x8 Mille Miglia Emotion II Plus\'<br />wrapped in 245/35/17 Yokohama A520<br />Rhino Perf. Exhaust<br />K&N air filter<br />check pics at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/</a>

I dunno about the 5 hp gain but...

Take off the lid and the tubes running to the TB. There is a screen looking thing in the TB. Find a small pair of needle nose pliers. Place the tips on the pliers into the small holes in the retainning ring. Lightly sqeeze the pliers and pull the ring out.

Now I had to play around with the screen awhile to get it out. Eventually I pulled the MAF sensor out and started pushing from the inside with my finger. CAUTION -&gt; be very caeful with the maf sensor &lt;- CAUTION
    Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
    "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
    http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99firebirdconv.:
      is it true that this caused a 5hp gain? [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

No, read the discussion regarding this "mod" in the Technical Database before you do anything.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

after having mine out, in, then out, i can say this:
        there is a difference. when i put it back in for a while, there was a noticeable difference in 4th gear, between 35 and 45 mph, and on the highway, at about 55 mph. it feels like there is a slight stumble.
        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Well on my 2000 bird, I dyno'd a 5hp gain, 10torque gain, back to back 2x over by removing it and putting it back in.

Thats all the evidence I have - for now.
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

the debate was over wether or not it works on the bent throttle bodies as well, (without the lid induction). I have mine out, with no problems, seems to be a gain, but who knows. It idles more rough, but I like it. Sound more like a race car with my exhaust! (btw I have a bent TB. no lid.)
            1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
            1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X