Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES light after CAI install

What could the problem be and how can i fix it?? :confused

Did you remember to hook the IAT sensor back up? I've forgotten that a few times and it triggers the SES light. Once you plug it back in it'll take a day or so before it goes off.
    Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

i had the same problem....hooked up the sensor correctly, reset the computer SEVERAL times, drove it around for a long time...STILL didnt go away.

I finally said "f*ck it" and brought it to Chevy, they reset my computer for a small service charge ($40) Not bad since I had them check out my transmission while they were at it.

Comment

make sure that IAT sensor is not damaged, is back where it is supposed to be, and is plugged in. if this is the case pull both ecm fuses in your fuse block and go have a couple beers. plug the fuses back in and start vehicle. wait til you're sober again and go drive the vehicle and see if it sets code. it may require 2 drive cycles to set the light, but one start should store a pending code. if the light does come back on, use a digital meter and make sure you have very close to 5 vDC across the wires coming from PCM to IAT sensor. if so, check resistance of the sensor itself (ignition off) and compare to temperature vs resistance chart in haynes. if in spec, have code pulled and post.
        ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X