Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R&R Headers..

Hey Everyone!

I'm plannning on buying the CIA headers along with the CIA y-pipe. Has anyone taken the headers off the 3.8L with out removing the engine? If so, about how long did it take??
    :rolleyes:

1999 3.8L Blue Camaro
    Flowmaster, Torque Converter w/ 2800 stall
    Corvette Super servo shift kit
    SLP Strut tower brase
    SLP Bow tie grill

I believe almost everyone installed theirs without removing the engine. I hear it takes a good weekend if its the first time you have done it.
    <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

I had a profession do mine and it took him 2 full days, and he works on fbodies only, so take time out of your weekend and go for it, also he did it without taking out the engine, he said that getting the pass. side heads out was the wosrt because they would only turn a little bit then have to reset the wrench each time...

Comment

a professional mechanic worked on it for 2 full days before he finished? i have a hard time beleiving that. i think it took slacker and his friend at most 15 hours.

Comment

Yup, it took 2 full days, he only charged me for the 4 hours he quoted me though. Also it was his first time working on a V6.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by naptown:
            Yup, it took 2 full days, he only charged me for the 4 hours he quoted me though. Also it was his first time working on a V6.<hr></blockquote>

What kind of a mechanic do you goto?
            2001 Camaro A4<br />Maroon Metallic <br />Y87,Monsoon 500w,TTops<br />Appearance: Silver ZR1s w/ 275\'s<br />Intake: !Air Silencer, FRA Mod, k&n<br />Exhaust: 3\'\' Cat, 3\'\' B&B TriFlo<br />Misc: SLP Fan Switch, 1LE Boxed LCAs <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mshapiro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/mshapiro</a>

Comment

I did it myself it took me 7 hours to do first big install I ever did. had a shop weld the Y-pipe to the rest of the exhaust the next day. it was not too hard I had some trouble getting some of the header bolts off.
              40th Ann GTp 4door

Comment

It took me about an hour to remove both exhaust manifolds. And a little over that to put them back on. I did this so I could port them ( I was bored not worth it). If you plan on doing this yourself make sure to spray down the flange bolts with some penetrating oil the night before. I didn't and broke two of the four bolts. So that 2 hours was a good bit longer after fighting to remove those two bolts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X