• High flow cat???

couple questions

1. who has one?

2. what brand?

3. whered you get it and how much?

4. any performance gains?

5. Part numbers?

Jeff W

3" in and out Catco #CTO6007 from summit for 50 bucks. Deeper exhaust tone and a lil' gain in performance.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

CTO-4517 Chevrolet/Pontiac: 1993-95 3.4L Camaro/Firebird, direct fit, catalytic converter ... $122.69

now that was 122 cuz it was a direct fit.. and i did it by myself

but i can tell, the exhaust gets a little deeper and louder, and feels like the car has more balls in the mid rpm range..
      03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Comment

what bout one for a 96 3.8L?
        <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

Carsound (Mor-flow) converter from Internet Racing Supply, $90.00, DON'T BUY ONE! They're junk; I've had mine for about 4 months and I need to replace it. Anyone have ideas for a good quality high performance cat. converter? I'm also considering just buying a stock one and keeping it legal. Oh, well, live and learn.

[ April 16, 2002: Message edited by: blue streak 00 ]</p>
          SLP C.A.I./Whisper Lid<br />K&N Filter<br />Flowmaster 50 series Exhaust<br />Catco 3\" high-flow cat w/<br />2.5\" I-pipe<br />Hurst Billet Shifter w/<br />Lou\'s short stick

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by blue streak 00:
            Carsound (Mor-flow) converter from Internet Racing Supply[ April 16, 2002: Message edited by: blue streak 00 ]<hr></blockquote>

I know that Internet Racing Supply sells Mor-Flow cats, but Carsound is Magnaflow. (They're just down the street from me...)
            -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

I bought my Random Technology cat for ..let's just say way too much. Don't even bother with them, I found out that part of the reason their prices are so jacked up is that they don't make their cats. It's made by another company (my exhaust guy told me who, but I forget) and they just slap their sticker and a markup on it.

If you're going to get a high flow cat, just get a Catco from SummitRacing.com for $50.

And a quick warning to any readers from CA: Aftermarket cats are illegal on '95+ OBDII vehicles, courtesy of the Clean Air Resources Board. To summarize why: CARB say only aftermarket cats which pass certain specs are allowed for said vehicles. Unfortunately, those specs have not been written and do not exist, and so none are legal at this point.
              -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

What about just gutting your cat? Its cheap and easy and you can still pass emissions.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I know that Internet Racing Supply sells Mor-Flow cats, but Carsound is Magnaflow.<hr></blockquote>

All I know is I ordered mine from Internet Racing Supply and when the package came it said Carsound on it. I'm not sure what you mean by "gutting the cat" but it probably isn't something I could do myself. I tried calling the dealership to see if they could test my exhaust to see which part is bad. They said not really and to try taking it back to whoever installed it. So, I'm taking it to Midas on Sat.; They said they can do a "heat test" or something- we'll see.
                  SLP C.A.I./Whisper Lid<br />K&N Filter<br />Flowmaster 50 series Exhaust<br />Catco 3\" high-flow cat w/<br />2.5\" I-pipe<br />Hurst Billet Shifter w/<br />Lou\'s short stick

Comment

Gutting the cat means you take it off and you tear out the internals. Then you put it back on.

Comment

what the government doesn't know about how modded your car is can't hurt you(unless you don't pass smog!)
                      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X