Intake Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Idea

This probably wouldn't work, but oh well. Has anyone ever thought of doing and intake setup like those on the TPI 3rd Gens. I mean like the K&N right off the throttle body. Could this be done on a V6, maybe a short tube with the cone filter, with enough room in between the throttle body and filter for the two sensors.
    1994 Camaro A4<br />Mods: Custom Intake

No, because then you will be sucking in hot engine compartment air.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Ah, I see. Man I thought I had found another cheap alternative to buying an intake. :rolleyes:
      1994 Camaro A4<br />Mods: Custom Intake

Comment

i've done that on the 3.8
        it does help over stock, but you're best to go with an FIPK or SLP
        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

wouldnt that work pretty good witha functional ram air hood? I was thinking about trying that.
          95 3.4L Camaro <br />Cold Air Intake<br />3 JL Audio 10\'s W/ Audiobahn amp<br />Recently wrapped around a tree, SELLING STEREO SYSTEM.<p>Lots of mods to come<p><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/az3/95v6/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.angelfire.com/az3/95v6/index.html</a> &lt;------My car<p>Favorite quote: \"Assume a virtue if you have it not.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 95v6:
            wouldnt that work pretty good witha functional ram air hood? I was thinking about trying that. <hr></blockquote>
            most the functional hoods come with an airbox that makes them functional. it's sealed, pretty much. that's what makes it ram air. now, you could use a ram air hood like that with a cone right on the TB, but that would be a REALLY expensive cold air intake
            2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X