Should I buy the whisper lid or just do the free thing??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I buy the whisper lid or just do the free thing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy the whisper lid or just do the free thing???

hey guys. My question is: Should i go ahead and spend the money on the whisper lid, or should i just remove the intake silencer and put a PVC pipe in there. I know that the whisper is more effective and looks better. But is it worth 130 more bucks??? and is there anything else that i should know about it???
    2002 Red M6 T/A<p>Heads, cam, blah blah...<br />427 rwhp and 401 rwtq - For now

I'm pretty sure the whisper lid gives you a lot more of a gain than the pvc would. Maybe someone with a W.L. can give you their input...
    <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Buy a Whisper and do the Free Ramm Air modd. The lids look nice prolly better than pvc, but good thinking
      *~melina~*<br />just your average DSM owner

Comment

well, i already have the SLP CAI, so i dont need to make the free one, but would the whisper still give me more even if i buff out the fins out of my stock lid???
        2002 Red M6 T/A<p>Heads, cam, blah blah...<br />427 rwhp and 401 rwtq - For now

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CrazyBosnian:
          well, i already have the SLP CAI, so i dont need to make the free one, but would the whisper still give me more even if i buff out the fins out of my stock lid???<hr></blockquote>

As far as im concerned, the PVC pipe mod works really great! Clip the fins off the lid, sand em down, remove the plastic piece in the middle of the intake hole and remove the baffle. I would no way spend 130 bucks on a lid. Thats my opinion. Use the money for something else. Anyone have DYNO numbers with Whisper lid or PVC pipe mod? I doubt you'll see more than a 1 RWHP gain difference. my .o2 cents..
          2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CrazyBosnian:
            hey guys. My question is: Should i go ahead and spend the money on the whisper lid, or should i just remove the intake silencer and put a PVC pipe in there. I know that the whisper is more effective and looks better. But is it worth 130 more bucks??? and is there anything else that i should know about it???<hr></blockquote>

I asked the same thing before I bought my lid. It does make a noticeable difference. You'll really feel the difference with a K&N filter and free(homemade)ram air mod. If you have a high performance exhaust on your car, you'll notice the deepness in your exhaust tone when hitting the gas.
            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X