backpressure question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backpressure question?

ok i bought a 3" cutout yesterday i was gonna get it put on inplace of the cat but the guy told me that i would lose back pressure and therefore power... i dont know what to think, scott if you could please help, i know you have a different exhaust setup than i do but lemme know did you feel a power gain or loss?? also the guy said the best thing would be to put it on after the cat... so if that would give more power then i would be up for that... please anyone with a cutout in that area lemme know asap cuz i wanna get it put on sooon can't wait to hear that badboy thanks again everyone...

merlin
    2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

yes, you will lose low-end torque, but top-end hp and torque will be much higher than before. the only reason you want low-end torque is if you are pulling a trailer or have like 1000 lbs. worth of people riding in your car at the same time. I don't think you should get a cut-out w/ the loudmouth exhaust, just get a catco 3" in/out cat and mate it to the cat-back. later, when you have more intake mods like heads, cam, cold/ram air intake, nitrous, Bore/stroke for increased displacement, or a sc/turbo, then get rid of the cat if you want.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X