K&N Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N Filter

I have a 1994 3.4 Camaro with 80 series Flowmaster. Was thinking about getting the new FIPK generation 2 K&N Air Filter. Do any of you have this? Is it worth the 200 bucks? It seems to give more power and torque than the normal ones for around 30-50 dollars. Was also thinking about getting a high flow catalytic converter. Should I get much better performance with both of them? Better sound? [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

I had a panel k&n in my car for a while and didnt notice any increase in power. In dec. I installed a moroso intake I did feel a small increase in power but nothing to get worked up about. My girlfriend says she thinks that it has made the car quite a bit faster but I think that is b/c she doesnt want me to get nos. If I were you I would spend a bit more ($500-$600 for complete kit) and get a whole lot more power with a nos kit. I would recommend the high flow cat only if you plan on getting a complete cat-back exhaust which you could also pick up for $200-$300.
    RED 1995 CAMARO 3.4L<br />Moroso cai, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Shifter, Flowmaster 80-Series Muffler, Polygraphite Sway Bar Bushings, Endlinks, and Panhard Rod Bushings

Comment

The Filtercharger (K&N FIPK) is a pretty good buy and a good first Mod. Don't expect to blow the doors off the car with it alone, but it is a good place to start.

The Panel K&N won't give you any performance gains, but it is reuable, good for a stock car.

$200 is pretty steep for the 5-10 RWHP you will get from the filtercharger, but it will have a cumulative effect when you start popping on high flow exhaust stuff and all that.

Try to find a used one if you can.
      -Jason<br />Black 1993 Pontiac Firebird -Retired<br />Black 2002 Pontiac Trans Am -Sold-<br />Green 1996 Corvette Convertible -Sold-<p>In the market for \'67-\'73 Firebird!

Comment

Get it...you won't regret it.

:cool:
        E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

Comment

How do you like yours IBJANKY? Did it give you much more acceleration?
          2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

it made me 2 tenths faster in the 1/4 and then i added a z28 catback exhaust and dropped another 2 tenths.

Comment

Yeah... my car seemed quicker after the install.
              E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X