Cat Converter or Catback exhaust first? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cat Converter or Catback exhaust first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Converter or Catback exhaust first?

I'm thinking about putting a random technology cat converter on my car, and a borla catback exhaust system. The car is a '98 Firebird v6. Would it be a better route to get the cat converter first or the catback exhaust? I want the exhaust just cause it looks so damn cool, but is it a bad idea to go this route first? I'm also thinking about putting some RK Sport headers on it a little down the road.
    \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

Just do both at once it will save you money.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

agreed if not both at once at least with the catback setup get rid of the 90 s pipe right after the cat that will make your catback system actually more potent. The stock cat is already a good highflow cat but it is 3"in 2.25 pipe out so a 3n3 out would be better and larger so it would flow more.

Comment

I agree, get both @ the same time, if not just remove the reducer from the cat-convertor, & get the cat-back.

Hey Golbez, did you know we have a D/FW v6 f-body car club. If interested check the Venom-VI message board.
        <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/bluethunder.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe</a><br /><i>13.083@108.23</i><br /><br /><a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/redfire.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Red Grandprix GTP</a> <b>SOLD</b><br /><i>14.49@94.42 (Bone stock)</i><br /><br />2002 Black Convertible Camaro Z28<br /><i>times comming real soon!</i>

Comment

oh dont waste ur money on a random cat tho.. i would go with carsound/mangnaflow 130 or mac

the random tech has a heat shield that is of a different metal and will cause a buzz problem eventually plus results have shown little gain for the random tech cat for the price.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X