X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new air bellow at slp

noticed this at slp's web site the other day:

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...RTNUMBER=23065

wondering if this would fix the v6 intake.

That looks rather awesome, I wonder if it would work as well? $50 isnt cheap of course.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Gee, plastic seems to be becoming a precious metal these days...50 bucks? Man. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

I think I rememebr Thunder RAcing carrying a similar product for under $30 a while back. It was a rubber peice though, no baffles, same as that.
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

What exaclty is the point of this product? Is it really worth getting?

Comment

Go but a 3inch PVC pipe coupler and sand the line off the inside it is the exact same thing. I was one of the dumbasses who bought the thing from thunderracing. :mad:
            2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

did you notice even the slightest difference?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:
                Go but a 3inch PVC pipe coupler and sand the line off the inside<hr></blockquote>

That's what I did [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

well it is expensive but its not rubber, its silicone. silicone will have much better heat/oil resistance.

will it make a difference? yes. one of the big reasons for the maf screen is the air coming back from intake is turbulent. this would help remove some more of that turbulence. that multi-rib rubber bellows is just overkill.

as for the pvc pipe coupler, i would like a little flexing between the engine and the intake.

Comment

I notice that this part is for 98 and up, will it work for a 97? Us poor 97 and older 3.8's get no respect, no chips and a goofy slanted TB. (ok, I know the 98's have the slanted TB as well, but they got the new version of the airbox.)
                    97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nascar Jim:
                      did you notice even the slightest difference?<hr></blockquote>

O there was a noticable difference w/ this mod.
                      2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

I just ordered mine. :D

Comment

This looks like it is designed for LS1 equipped cars where the maf is located in the air intake hoes and then goes to the TB, we have a maf in the TB and there would be nowhere to mount it, this is made to go from the maf to the TB on LS1 and LT1 cars

Comment

Ya, after working on my car today I noticed that the MAF is part of the actual TB housing and you can't put anything inbetween it. Oh well, when I talk to SLP I'll double check just to make sure.

Comment

even though the maf is part of the tb, there is still a bellows going from the air cleaner lid to the tb housing. the ribs in this bellow cause turbulence. the question is, what is the inside diameter of the slp bellows.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X