Q on High Flow and Stock Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q on High Flow and Stock Cat

When I looked under my car, I noticed my stock cat has some sort of support brace holding it up at the end of it near the S pipe. I guess to keep it from shaking. My cat is about 17 inches long. I wanna go with a highflow cat, but the direct fit cats are more expensive. Those are the only cats with the mount for the brace. For you guys with high flow cats that's smaller in size or whatnot, do you have any problems with that area shaking and rattling?
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Never had a problem w/the Catco on my '94.
    2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:
      For you guys with high flow cats that's smaller in size or whatnot, do you have any problems with that area shaking and rattling?<hr></blockquote>

NO. When i had my magnaflow, the heat shield used to rattle & make this buzzing noise, so i just took it off, w/ no further problems. Then when i swapped in my catco i had a muff shop reweld the support brace, & haven't had any problems since.
      2002 Electron Blue Corvette<br />1999 Black Mazda Truck<p>AKA: Night Rider

Comment

Is your catco the same size is the stock one or smaller? From what it looks like underneath, the support brace will work for the same size cat, unless they put some sort of extension on your Y pipe. I don't know

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:
          Is your catco the same size is the stock one or smaller? From what it looks like underneath, the support brace will work for the same size cat, unless they put some sort of extension on your Y pipe. I don't know<hr></blockquote>

Smaller, 14" length, 2.5" diameter. Honestly i'm not sure how they did it. It might have an extension on it. I basically went to a well trusted muff shop, i've been using for awhile now, and said, "here put this on." and viola, they put it on. I could take pic's this weekend if you want.
          2002 Electron Blue Corvette<br />1999 Black Mazda Truck<p>AKA: Night Rider

Comment

Yea could you take pics if it aint too much trouble? I know highflow cats come direct fit but they costs too much. I'm considering getting the 3" catco from summit for 50 bucks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X