When happens if i dont replace O2 sensors - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When happens if i dont replace O2 sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When happens if i dont replace O2 sensors

They have 88k on them (stock) and im thinking of things that might help my car out as she gets older in age. They have the generic ones at AZ for like $15 each. When do i replace them and does it really matter to the car.. im sure they are pretty gunky by now. thanks
    1996 White Camaro 3.8<p>y87 package, SLP CAI, Taylor Spiro wires, Rapidfire plugs, blackouts, one kick *** stereo

well when an o2 sensor is in good working order it will help your computer keep the right amount of fuel for the car to run properly. If they are sending a bad signal then it will usually make your car run rich. This hurts fuel economy, fouls plugs and can eventually fry your cat because it won't be able to burn off all of the excess hydrocarbons and will collect them and eventually go to crap. At 88k it's proably not a bad idea and you might see a little better gas mileage. If you do plugs at the same time you will proably do a little better. .... with that said, it's not necessarily a must do at 88k.. might be a good part of an overall tuneup..

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: black98V6 ]</p>
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

What else should be done at 60 k miles, i wanted to do o2 sensors, plugs, then what, pcv valce?, egr valve?, how much are those? anything else i should do, maybe new cat?
      1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

Do plugs and wires, but don't worry about the rest until it actually goes bad. Oxygen sensor and cat are little pricey. I think over $100 each.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X