Catco cats and their quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catco cats and their quality

I dont understand what is the big fascination with CATCO cats. Is it cuz they are cheap? A bunch of LS1 guys tried them out and said they were crap, and that they flow like crap also. They come on the Bassani Y-Pipe for the LS1 and people say that they are crap. I have heard all GOOD things about CarSound cats. I personally would rather spend a little more money on a good quality cat that is durable.
    2001 Camaro A4<br />Maroon Metallic <br />Y87,Monsoon 500w,TTops<br />Appearance: Silver ZR1s w/ 275\'s<br />Intake: !Air Silencer, FRA Mod, k&n<br />Exhaust: 3\'\' Cat, 3\'\' B&B TriFlo<br />Misc: SLP Fan Switch, 1LE Boxed LCAs <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mshapiro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/mshapiro</a>

I've heard very little but good things about catco cats on our V6s. I will probably get one. BTW, do a search before you post, this topic has been discussed recently.

[ April 16, 2003: Message edited by: Camarorulz ]</p>
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

I dont see nothing wrong with catco cats. As long as you don't hit any rocks you will be fine. For the money it is a good cat, made out of stainless steal. A highflow cat is a highflow cat no matter which kind you get. It is better than stock.
      2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by toast:
        It is better than stock.<hr></blockquote>

At flowing air, not necessarily at cleaning the air! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

like Woodsy Owl says, "give a hoot, don't pollute!"... you bastards!
          \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

If you don't mind wasting money, go for the carsound cat. Otherwise, go for the catco that's half the price and just as effective. ;)
            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

You guys and your catcos. As a former catco cat owner i'll say once more and then leave it, i think they suck. And most of you stand by it because you paid the money for them and you don't want to admit that they suck. And then more people go out and buy them because they hear nothing but good about them. Thats about all i gotta say about that.

Comment

Opinions vary. If I had any problems with it, I'll post it. I don't bite my tonque at all at admitting to things. Oh, and the heatshield did come loose, but that was easily fixed. Catco is the best bang for the buck. Enough said [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

I know nothing about the different cats out there, but I'm not going to sit here and tell you that the catco rules just because almost every v6 camaro owner has one. How do you guys compare cats unless you've tried both? Do you guys KNOW that catcos flow just as good as any other cat out there? It seems to me that most people endorse catcos because they(the catcos) are cheap. While I have never seen anything that says that all hi-flow cats flow the same and are created equal, I HAVE heard the saying that you get what you pay for. Maybe that's not true in this case, though.

You guys maybe right, I don't know.

[ April 17, 2003: Message edited by: willow140 ]</p>

Comment

I have a CATCO sitting right next to me. I'm waiting on the 3.8 Pacesetter headers to finally install/weld everything. I really don't have an opinion on the CATCO quality yet because I'm still running the stock cat, but I hope to get a little more feedback here before I weld everything up.

Please...all CATCO people respond and give your honest opinion!!

-Marc
                    sigpic

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by willow140:
                      I know nothing about the different cats out there, but I'm not going to sit here and tell you that the catco rules just because almost every v6 camaro owner has one. How do you guys compare cats unless you've tried both? Do you guys KNOW that catcos flow just as good as any other cat out there? It seems to me that most people endorse catcos because they(the catcos) are cheap. While I have never seen anything that says that all hi-flow cats flow the same and are created equal, I HAVE heard the saying that you get what you pay for. Maybe that's not true in this case, though.

You guys maybe right, I don't know.

[ April 17, 2003: Message edited by: willow140 ]
                      <hr></blockquote>

guys guys guys....GUYS!!! We aren't running a monster car here that's putting out incredible horsepower. A high-flow cat is a high-flow cat...DONE DEAL. Wow I'm going to get 0.458252352 more horsepower if I dish out money for a "not as cheap" cat. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Does it flow better, most likely considering the fact that it's half the size of the OEM Cat (less area for the air to flow through). It sounds louder, feels stronger (will know tomorrow at the track for sure) and it's CHEAP. I don't see the problem.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X